PDA

View Full Version : Can't unlock pcm

red12secz28
August 25th, 2007, 09:54 AM
I recently purchased an 01 silverado 3500 dully 6.6 diesel. I was trying to read the pcm and efilive said the pcm is locked. I believe the previous owner had sometype of programmer on it. I want to know if I can do a full pcm rewrite to unlock the pcm and start over.

GMPX
August 25th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Sometimes TIS actually stuffed these 01 ECM's up too!
Next time you try to read it check out what the Seed value is (as shown on the screen as it tries to read).
As far as I know nobody but EFILive can lock these ECM's, so if it were a handheld it might have 'damaged' the ECM more so than lock it. (Long story).

Cheers,
Ross

red12secz28
August 26th, 2007, 11:17 AM
The seed used is $cc74. What is also funny is when I use scan mode, the software has to reverify the pids and modules everytime I reuse the software. In the vin box at the bottom is shows just characters like ?!#@!. Is there anything I can do to tune this pcm?

GMPX
August 26th, 2007, 05:13 PM
That isn't a good sign, when the VIN is scrambled it usually means the ECM has been corrupted at some stage. As I said, TechII will do that for you on a reflash. Quite common on a 2001.

So, what can be done, well, next to pulling the flash chip off, programming it external to the ECM and putting something normal back in, not a great deal.

If you were out here is Aus I could fix it for you, but, that aint so....try contacting wait4me on this forum.

Cheers,
Ross

red12secz28
August 26th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I have a friend with an updated tech II. Can he reflash or fix the pcm for me.

wait4me
August 27th, 2007, 02:07 AM
No a tech2 wont fix that. It was the cause..

Send it to me if you would like, with your vin number on a piece of paper, And ill pull the chip and fix it for you. :)

sweetdiesel
November 29th, 2007, 03:25 PM
No a tech2 wont fix that. It was the cause..

Send it to me if you would like, with your vin number on a piece of paper, And ill pull the chip and fix it for you. :)

I have the same problom on my 01

i ordered a road runner will i be able to just use it?

wait4me
November 30th, 2007, 01:29 AM
Roadrunner will work fine.