PDA

View Full Version : OT: Where to buy WB02 in Aust.

jsttry
June 8th, 2005, 01:41 AM
Gday all, with Flashscan arriving soon and the need to send my borrowed PLX M250 back to the rightful owner, where is a good place in Australia to buy a WB02 sensor?

I like the PLX M250 or M300 but the PLX site doesn't seem to list any Australian dealers.

I have a price of $AU570 for the LM-1 but appears to be a bit much compared to the $US364 ($AU473) for the PLX M300 direct from PLX America.

Does anyone know any better places in Australia to pick up a WB02 to use with Flashscan?

Ira
June 8th, 2005, 03:21 AM
How about Techedge in Australia, www.wbo2.com .

Ira

Tordne
June 8th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Us poor folk in Australia and New Zealand always struggle to get the good toys. It seems that no one keeps stock of anything... Everything good (except EFILive of course) that I have had to get recently has had to come from the US. This isn't a problem parse, but when you want something like a WB02, you want it "now"!

I just bought my PLX (M250) online. Took about a week to arrive (to New Zealand).

The PLX unit is absolutely accurate also, I sort of had wondered see as it was, in my opinion, quite cheap/reasonable. I compared the readings with a much more expensive unit (MoTeC from memory) that a professional tuner was using, and they were absolutely the same!

jsttry
June 8th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Where did you get the PLX from Tordne?

zrx1200
June 8th, 2005, 08:52 PM
i got my plx300 from the states(plx devices)460 our money using pay pal,even got through without duty.. the display is useless unless you run in open loop or in pe..as the numbers are always scrolling.a gauge would give a smoother more average reading..works teriffic with flashscan.talk to ntae up there as he has one..

Tordne
June 8th, 2005, 09:50 PM
I got it direct from the PLX Devices website. Link to their international store is http://www.plxdevices.com/onlinestore_international.htm.

I just bought the M-250, the M-300 has a display (that's the only difference), but for me FlashScan is the display... I'm really happy with it, and EFILive supports it really well.

BowlingSS
June 10th, 2005, 08:04 AM
What about the LC-1? Only $199 US.

Bill

jsttry
June 11th, 2005, 04:28 AM
Bill

Looks good for the price but the negatives that I can see are:

1. The controller would have to be mounted under the car unless you lengthened the cable between the sensor and the controller

2. No NB output so you'd have to install a second bung and run in parallel with the factory NB. Bit of a hassle if you want to just tune your mates car

Delco
June 11th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Bill

Looks good for the price but the negatives that I can see are:

1. The controller would have to be mounted under the car unless you lengthened the cable between the sensor and the controller

2. No NB output so you'd have to install a second bung and run in parallel with the factory NB. Bit of a hassle if you want to just tune your mates car

narrow band output is not a problem , when you are tuning using the wideband your narrow bands should be turned off by being in open loop so the std O2 sensor is not required , once the tune is done then reenable the closed loop fueling refit the std O2 and check your trims to get them 100%

mistermike
June 11th, 2005, 08:04 PM
I believe the LC-1 will do NB simulation for those who want to leave them in full time. The distributor I ordered mine from www.motorsportsinnovations.com even said he's sold some to New Zealand. Hmmmmm.

34Koop
June 12th, 2005, 01:08 PM
narrow band output is not a problem , when you are tuning using the wideband your narrow bands should be turned off by being in open loop so the std O2 sensor is not required , once the tune is done then reenable the closed loop fueling refit the std O2 and check your trims to get them 100%

How silly do I feel now !

I have the bungs all ready to go in and they aren't needed LOL

Now I just need to work out how to get under the car :lol:

cheers
Mal

jsttry
September 27th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Gents its been a while but I ordered the LC-1 yesterday. I found a local distributor in Australia that sells the LC-1 as well as the new digital AFR guages.

Was a bit hard to find since they didn't have LC-1 in the description initially however its now listed on www.rocketind.com as PN IM3769. Hope this helps other local Aussies.

caver
September 27th, 2005, 03:26 AM
I use a Perfect Power WBC has a anologue output the same as the PLX.
With sensor is R2000 thats about $400 OZ. Does'nt have a nb output yet but they are working on it.
Tiny little unit with Led's fits perfectly in the little hole in the centre console.

Exhaust shop now fits bungs in all the cars I send them so its not a problem.
Best thing is they are 5 minutes away so I get like a 1 hour delivery time.

www.perfectpower.com