PDA

View Full Version : No idle in OL with MAF failed

minytrker
August 29th, 2007, 02:11 AM
I was tuning a 04 truck and when I would go to OL and have the MAF fail by changes the tables it wouldnt idle. I can go to OL with the MAF tables stock and it will idle fine. Any idea's?

SSpdDmon
August 29th, 2007, 03:40 AM
More info please. (make/model/year/mods/trans/timing/etc.)

minytrker
August 29th, 2007, 08:21 AM
04 1500 stock with headers 4l60e with a fw degree's added

SSpdDmon
August 29th, 2007, 11:25 AM
How are you forcing OLSD...and for that matter....why if it's just a bolt-ons vehicle?

minytrker
August 29th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Im changing the CL temp to 255 and MAF fail freq like in the auto ve instructions

SSpdDmon
August 29th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Shoot me an email with your tune and I'll take a look if I get a minute tomorrow.

SSpdDmon
August 30th, 2007, 12:01 PM
I took a look and I'm stumped. The only thing that looked odd to me was you killed the DTC processing enablers for the MAF. If you're trying to go SD, it's my understanding you DO NOT want to change these to not reported. Turning off the MIL is fine...but, you don't want to kill the DTC tests.

2002_z28_six_speed
September 1st, 2007, 04:28 PM
I took a look and I'm stumped. The only thing that looked odd to me was you killed the DTC processing enablers for the MAF. If you're trying to go SD, it's my understanding you DO NOT want to change these to not reported. Turning off the MIL is fine...but, you don't want to kill the DTC tests.

True. If you disable the DTC processing the car will not idle well and die after a couple of seconds. I changed this and could not get the car to run. Looked really stupid in front of some friends because I couldn't believe that was the issue! :cheers:

joecar
September 1st, 2007, 06:17 PM
To run SD, the PCM must see any of those 3 DTC's... turning MIL off/on is user optional/preference.

minytrker
September 1st, 2007, 10:50 PM
The maf is not set at "X" I have the maf set at "C" under DTC's