PDA

View Full Version : B5919 Optimal Timing, what effect ?

zapp168
August 29th, 2007, 09:08 AM
I was scrolling down and noticed this table. From the description is seems like it would be used for shift calibrations for an auto? Anyone adjusted this table?

macca_779
August 29th, 2007, 10:15 PM
havent adjusted it. But did use it as a base for my upper timing table with great results. It had a bit of KR when used raw so I dialled that out and haven't looked back.

zapp168
August 30th, 2007, 09:44 AM
How far off was your upper table from your optimum?

cmitchell17
August 30th, 2007, 02:39 PM
I used my optimal timing too. I used a spreadsheet and now im running about 40% optimal timing and 60% stock timing blended.

My truck is stock besides exhast and stuff no internal work.
I guess this is the best thing we have to base are timing off.

A lot of people say it works but I havent noticed anything from timing.

There is just so many diffrent opinions you get on what timing is best, so you have to find out yourself and go to a dyno and test on your specific engine.

I think this table is used to calculate how much torque the engine is making by comparing the optimal timing against the actual timing, so I guess if your running the full optimal timing then I guess it would show the max amount of torque.

I think I remember looking at a ls1 tune or something and seeing how the optimal timing was lower in that tune than my 5.3 tune. I dont really no a lot about the diffrence in the 5.3 and ls1 heads but my guess would be that the ls1 heads can run with a little less timing than the 5.3 heads to be max efficient. But I dont no.