PDA

View Full Version : how to paste at half strength?

mr.prick
August 30th, 2007, 08:54 AM
is it possible?
i have tried .5 ,50% and 1/2 in the adjust box but it still strait pastes.
i am sick of using a calculator to make small adjustments.
sometimes a full paste throws off the tune quite a bit. (odd)
any suggestion that will make adjusting BENs in smaller increments
would be nice, or maybe this is something that can be looked at in the next update if it is not possible to do.

SSpdDmon
August 30th, 2007, 10:00 AM
;) :)

To use it, log commanded AFR and WBO2 AFR in their own maps (vs. MAP pressure and RPM like the VE table is setup) instead of BEN's. Paste the averages in the first two boxes on the VE WBO2 tab for your application. Then, go back and copy the number of cell hits (n) and paste them into the 3rd box. As attached, the N Factor is set to 100 and 50. If you have less than 50 cell hits, the data will be ignored. If you have more than 50 but less than 100, the low N Factor correction will be used. If you have more than 100, the high N Factor correction will be used. So now, you can apply any percentage of a correct that you would like. :)

Hold your mouse over the yellow headers with a red triangle in the the upper right corner for further instructions.

mr.prick
August 30th, 2007, 10:20 AM
cool, but personally i think 50 cells in some spots (wot and high rpm)
are a bit high.
how can that be adjusted to a desired amount of cells?
also how do you paste the cell count?
in what spot?
i pasted it in the top corner of the other 2 tables and that worked (like the interpolation sheet)
but i`m having trouble with the pasting of the cell counts for some reason it says its password protected

SSpdDmon
August 30th, 2007, 11:10 AM
You can change the blue cells...so if you want to change it from 50, just change it. Same goes for the 100, 66% and 33% values. You can set them however you please.

As for the copy paste....looking at your log, you should have 2 maps as follows:

WB AFR vs. MAP vs. RPM
Data - WBO2 AFR with averages (x) displayed
Row - RPM's in VE table format
Column - MAP in VE table format

Commanded AFR vs. MAP vs. RPM
Data - Commanded AFR with averages (x) displayed
Row - RPM's in VE table format
Column - MAP in VE table format

To copy the table, simply right click on the blank grey box in the upper left corner of the map (where the RPM and MAP headers intersect) to highlight the entire table and select copy. Then, go to the spreadsheet, right click on the upper most left blue cell of the table you're pasting to, and select paste. Pretty straight forward. Again, you're copy/pasting averages for the first two and then switching over to cell counts (n) for the third.

Adjust the correcting factors as you see fit.

Then, highlight the entire Paste Factor table at the bottom (the blue numbers only - not the headers), copy, right click on that upper left grey cell again in your VE table, and paste multiply.

mr.prick
August 30th, 2007, 11:19 AM
yeah i screwed up and pasted in the wrong spot.

2002_z28_six_speed
August 30th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Very interesting spreadsheet. I loved it. :) Very good job.

5.7ute
August 30th, 2007, 02:43 PM
This is the sheet I use. Just paste in your ben factor and the percentage of correction you want. It isnt flash but it works.

mr.prick
August 31st, 2007, 09:03 AM
SSpdDmon,
i am having trouble pasting to the IFR table.
i had to highlight and paste each value individually.
what am i doing wrong?

mr.prick
August 31st, 2007, 09:09 AM
This is the sheet I use. Just paste in your ben factor and the percentage of correction you want. It isnt flash but it works.
this is exactly what i was looking for!
thanks

SSpdDmon
August 31st, 2007, 09:26 AM
SSpdDmon,
i am having trouble pasting to the IFR table.
i had to highlight and paste each value individually.
what am i doing wrong?

Why are you using that tab? :nixweiss: I thought you were doing VE tuning?

If you were going to use that tab, you would have to have two maps with WB and commanded AFR's (just like above). Only this time, you're logging:

GM.MANVAC from 0-80kPa (5 kPa increments) instead of RPM in the ROWS

and ONE COLUMN of RPM (labels=,8000) instead of MAP.

Pase your average data (commanded and WB AFRs) after filtering out DFCO, transitions, and what not. Then, it should spit out a correction to be pasted/multiplied to your IFR table. Remember, with IFR tunes, the lower the value in the IFR table, the more fuel delivered.

mr.prick
August 31st, 2007, 09:47 AM
Why are you using that tab? :nixweiss: I thought you were doing VE tuning?

If you were going to use that tab, you would have to have two maps with WB and commanded AFR's (just like above). Only this time, you're logging:

GM.MANVAC from 0-80kPa (5 kPa increments) instead of RPM in the ROWS

and ONE COLUMN of RPM (labels=,8000) instead of MAP.

Pase your average data (commanded and WB AFRs) after filtering out DFCO, transitions, and what not. Then, it should spit out a correction to be pasted/multiplied to your IFR table. Remember, with IFR tunes, the lower the value in the IFR table, the more fuel delivered.
LOL
i wanted to see how it would show my IFR table, and i didn`t like it.
but i had to paste each value to each square individually.
it tells me i can`t change part of a merged cell.
it is not letting me paste in bulk.
or am i supposed to paste each value separate from each other?

SSpdDmon
September 1st, 2007, 04:38 AM
LOL
i wanted to see how it would show my IFR table, and i didn`t like it.
but i had to paste each value to each square individually.
it tells me i can`t change part of a merged cell.
it is not letting me paste in bulk.
or am i supposed to paste each value separate from each other?
Error has been fixed. :)

Re-download the file if you still wish to give it a try.

Personally, I paste each individually because I filter out kPa's that end x2, x3, x7, and x8. Focusing on the data that's closer to the 'center' of the cells helps prevent the interpolation from skewing the data.

Go into your V7\User Configuration\ folder and find the Filters.txt file. Paste this into it at the bottom.

[Data Filter - IFR Tuning]
Filter=Exclusive
X0000=SAE.TP,%,%,DXGT,2.00,500,OR
X0001=SAE.TP,%,%,LT,1.00,100,OR
X0002=SAE.SPARKADV,Deg,Degrees,DXGT,6.00,500,OR
X0003=SAE.SPARKADV,Deg,Degrees,LT,10.00,100,OR
X0004=SAE.RPM,rpm,RPM,LT,1800.00,100,OR
X0008=GM.MANVAC,kPa,kPa,GT,81.00,100,OR
X0009=GM.MANVAC,kPa,kPa,LT,79.00,100,
Then, I do one cell at a time by changing the MANVAC parameters to:

above 76 / below 74
above 71 / below 69