PDA

View Full Version : New dashboard for EFILive (sneak preview)

Blacky
June 8th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Just thought you might like to see what's coming...
Paul

Tordne
June 8th, 2005, 08:53 PM
When is someone just going to make a replacement dash for the car with an embedded laptop. This stuff is looking too good, it will cause accidents (who's going to be watching the road?).

Looks very cool!

Blacky
June 8th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Updated June 11,2005

Bruce Melton
June 8th, 2005, 10:38 PM
That is soooo clean looking! How might we get that?
Bruce

Dirk Diggler
June 8th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Now that is snazzy. Wow

Blacky
June 8th, 2005, 10:47 PM
I'm uploading it just now with the V7.2.3 pre-release 2 update.
I'll post links soon.
Paul

Blacky
June 8th, 2005, 10:51 PM
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/software/EFILive_Dashboard.zip
Unzip it into My Documents\EFILive\V7\VDash

You can download the Photoshop background image here:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/software/Photoshop_EFILive_Dashboard.zip

Regards
Paul

mistermike
June 8th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Very Nice!

Black02SS
June 9th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Awsome Paul!! Looks really nice.

dbaxter_ss
June 9th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Now this is really kewl. If I could just replace my gages on my car with these :D

SS2win
June 9th, 2005, 02:51 AM
now all we need is a LCD display to replace the dashboard so we dont have to look at the laptop. damn I should have finished that EE :lol:

dbaxter_ss
June 9th, 2005, 05:19 AM
oooo, interesting concept
Bet that could be created pretty easily now.

Bruce Melton
June 9th, 2005, 05:38 AM
Am I the dunce? I followed Blacky's instructions above but only get the background.

mnotx
June 9th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Cool!

Blacky
June 9th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Am I the dunce? I followed Blacky's instructions above but only get the background.

There may be a folder naming mismatch in the EFILive Metric.vdb file.
When I copied it to another PC, I had to change:

[DashPages]
DashA=C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\My Documents\EFILive\V7\VDash\EFILive Metric_A.vdp
DashB=C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\My Documents\EFILive\V7\VDash\EFILive Metric_B.vdp
DashC=C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\My Documents\EFILive\V7\VDash\EFILive Metric_C.vdp

to

[DashPages]
DashA=C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\EFILive\V7\VDash\EFILive Metric_A.vdp
DashB=C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\EFILive\V7\VDash\EFILive Metric_B.vdp
DashC=C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Owner\My Documents\EFILive\V7\VDash\EFILive Metric_C.vdp

Blacky
June 9th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Actually it should really be changed to

[DashPages]
DashA=EFILive Metric_A.vdp
DashB=EFILive Metric_B.vdp
DashC=EFILive Metric_C.vdp

There must be a bug causing the full pathname to be saved.
The reason full pathnames are not used is to prevent situations just like this.

Paul

dbaxter_ss
June 9th, 2005, 08:48 AM
now all we need is a LCD display to replace the dashboard so we dont have to look at the laptop. damn I should have finished that EE :lol:

Still working on the other pids but like this ???

http://www.purplegto.com/files/lcd.png

since my wife was whining about the green burning her eyes out, here is her suggestion just using a black background

http://www.purplegto.com/files/new_lcd_black.png

joecar
June 10th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Very cool, very scientific "cathode-ray-tube" style.
Two thumbs up.
8)

SS2win
June 10th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Man! I can dig it!!! The cathode ray look is cool but I was thinking that with a laptop style LCD you wouldn't be limited to any style or layout. Someone could take this idea to the bank :lol:

dbaxter_ss
June 10th, 2005, 10:22 AM
I am going to have a blast coming up with dashboards and gages.

This was actually pretty simple to do now. invisible gages ROCK...

Personally I like the light and dark green but have to try both out in bright light. Also I need a font other then courier that looks better on that.

Going out in the GTO tonight and will try to match up the radio and dash font to this one.

OOOO
There is a dash theme, the GTO has gages and dic together.

NEW GOAT DASHes COMING TONIGHT!!!!

Hey Paul, there is something for EFI, CAR SPECIFIC Dashes. kewl huh !!!

Blacky
June 10th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Updated the EFILive dashboard in the third post.
Paul

dbaxter_ss
June 11th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Kewl I Like it :D

What are the two percentages under the status?

Bruce Melton
June 11th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Updated the EFILive dashboard in the third post.
Paul
Even nicer!!!
I think I can load and change the "commanded AFR " to my PLX AFR if you will post or send the files???
Thanks,
Bruce
meltn@new.rr.com

wait4me
June 11th, 2005, 01:03 AM
How about contest of who makes the Coolest Dash!

We can have Blacky, Recieve all the dashes here for the whole week, start the post and then everyone vote for there favorite Dash on ls1tech, and have a poll of what one everyone likes the most, and the winner gets 2 free car licenses. Ill pay for the licenses. Since this isnt actually an official contest. :) And the submitting in this thread starts now until next Sunday at 12:00am central. Then it will be on the polls for the winner to be judged for 5 days, That way you can have the extra licenses by the weekend.
You can put in as many dashes that you make, but they must be a valid working dash.
And Try to be as original as possible. :) Good luck, And Everyone have a good weekend, Jes

SS2win
June 11th, 2005, 01:03 AM
Ok blacky I have another feature request :D

Give us a full screen dashboard mode that can be toggled with a keystroke.

Blacky
June 11th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Kewl I Like it :D

What are the two percentages under the status?

Injector duty cycle.

Blacky
June 11th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Ok blacky I have another feature request :D

Give us a full screen dashboard mode that can be toggled with a keystroke.

I just knew someone was going to ask for that :)
And I would have done it already if the dashboards weren't buried so deeply into the main window.
But it is obviously something that people are going to want to do, so I will investigate the possibilty.

Paul

ws6togo
January 26th, 2006, 06:43 AM
I just knew someone was going to ask for that :)
And I would have done it already if the dashboards weren't buried so deeply into the main window.
But it is obviously something that people are going to want to do, so I will investigate the possibilty.

Paul

Any updates on dashboards that we can download, or the switching of dashboards with keystoke?

TAQuickness
January 30th, 2006, 11:38 AM
You can switch dashboards by pressing the corresponding letter on the keyboard (IE for dash board A press A, B press B, C press C). Also, if you download the latest public release, you should have the new dash mentioned in this thread.

Download here:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_7.html

chadtn
March 16th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead...but can anyone tell me how to get the dashboard in 7.3 to look like it did in the older 6.4 version I was using? To me the older version was better looking and much easier to read. I tried opening it up in 7, but the gauges are stretched and the colors/background are wrong. Just wondering if anyone has some tips on how to do it.

Thanks!

Chad

chadtn
March 21st, 2006, 09:56 AM
...bump...