.76 single turbo
meth (after the IAT)
ported 243 heads 64.4 cc
.232 .234 .595 .598 112 LOL I know not great for the turbo
pump gas 91 oct
255 pump stock system
motron 60lb injectors
tr6's gapped at .28

car runs a drives great pulles like a sum bitch but I keep getting a KR at wot i've tried adding more fuel and taking out timing and NOTHING worked..

tune and log form my best pass attached

thanks in advance

gto_in_nc
September 5th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Are you pretty sure this isn't false knock, Perdieu? Something bumping your header/manifold, for instance? The lack of a sawtooth waveform and the fact that you have pulled timing and dumped in fuel and it is still there makes me suspicious. (Of course, I'll be the first to point out that I am far from expert! Plus I have zero FI experience...)

Have you dialed in your VE table? I ask because your commanded AFR and measured AFR are off by a full point in some places. Just curious.

Perdieu
September 5th, 2007, 04:36 AM
Are you pretty sure this isn't false knock, Perdieu? Something bumping your header/manifold, for instance? The lack of a sawtooth waveform and the fact that you have pulled timing and dumped in fuel and it is still there makes me suspicious. (Of course, I'll be the first to point out that I am far from expert! Plus I have zero FI experience...)

Have you dialed in your VE table? I ask because your commanded AFR and measured AFR are off by a full point in some places. Just curious.

I used a RR to do an auto VE in both the reg and boosted VE's.. then turned on the meth thats when it dropped a full point.. If I make it run 11.2 to 11.5 measured it beats on itself the whole run..

I can't find anything is hitting that was one of the first things I checked for. I do have VERY nosie springs and thought that might be it ?????

In most logs as soon as I hit 4th I get about 4* of KR then it flattens out..

gto_in_nc
September 5th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Ah! The meth makes sense. I hadn't thought about that being outside the tune but it makes sense from a piston safety standpoint.

I'll step back and allow those far more knowledgable than I am to chime in... :)

johnv
September 5th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Can't seem to read the tune file, looks to be HP Tuners ?

looking at the log your still running a fair bit of timeing at WOT for a turbo car , I see 18-20 deg which is quite alot for stock compression & bottom end (unless meth makes that much difference ?)

I only see around 14 deg:nixweiss: in mine !

Cheers
John

5.7ute
September 5th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I would have to agree. The boost timing table isnt pulling the spark fast enough to prevent knock so I would be pulling more timing from the high g/cyl rpm areas.

Perdieu
September 5th, 2007, 11:36 AM
thanks guys I'll pull some more timing in the B5913 table and see how it does. I've been pulling it using the A0010 table.. shouldn't it work the same though?

jonv it's a cos3 efi tune

trudynosports
September 28th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Be careful about removing any fuel to bring the AFR's back up when spraying the meth. Meth of course has less energy and stoich is a lot lower than gasoline so let stay on the rich side. I run about 16* timing at around 8lbs of boost pressure.