PDA

View Full Version : Constructing Spark Low-Octane Table?

gto_in_nc
September 5th, 2007, 04:49 AM
I am happy (for now) with my tune (like that will last more than a few days! :) ) and I'm going to switch back to CLMAF for a while (going to the mountains for a high school reunion, and just don't wanna futz with the tune over the weekend.) I am familiar with the process for returning from OLSD to CLMAF following AutoVE but I'm not sure what to do about B5914 since I have had heads and cam done on my LS1.

Searching led me to this thread (linky (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=976&highlight=b5914)), in which Ross suggests pulling seven or eight degrees from the high load areas of the low table and leaving well enough alone. This still a reasonable recommendation? (That thread was a couple years old...)

SSpdDmon
September 5th, 2007, 05:57 AM
You should be fine with 3~5* of timing pulled. Here's what I do if creating a low octane table:

Copy the high octane table to low.
Open file attached below.
Copy from cell C4 to cell AE28.
Right click on the upper left cell in the timing table of your tune (0.08g/cyl & 400rpm).
Select paste and subtract.
Done. :)

gto_in_nc
September 5th, 2007, 06:07 AM
Beautiful! Thank you, sir. I have updated my low table and will write it to the PCM shortly.

FWIW, I reverted to CLMAF at lunch and the very last trace of low-RPM nuisance disappeared. I was getting a little porpoising at rolling idle (1st gear, clutch out, zero throttle) after ten or fifteen seconds as TF would start to oscillate, throwing it into a mild positive feedback situation, resulting in bucking. This made me wince in parking lots (not because it was a significant problem, mind you, just because it bothered me that it still existed!) The switch to CLMAF has damped that out now.

Thanks again!
:D

SSpdDmon
September 5th, 2007, 06:45 AM
n/p