PDA

View Full Version : ETC on E38?

XLR8NSS
September 5th, 2007, 12:29 PM
I was checking out a E38 Truck OS and wanted to check the ETC stuff out. I closed the tuning tool, hooked up my V2 and opened everything back up, no ETC stuff. :(

Am I doing something wrong or is the ETC stuff not added for the newer PCMs?

One other thing, do the E38 equipped vehicles use a TAC module between the TB and PCM or does the PCM hook directly to the TB now?

There is a really annoying dead zone on the newer trucks '07+ where the TB won't go WOT until about 3000rpm. Some people say they have got rid of it with tunes but, I just wanted to check the ETC stuff out to see if there were any parameters in there causing part of the dead zone.

Thanks

**oops, this should probably be one section down. :D **

ScarabEpic22
September 5th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Welcome to the LL8 world man, our engines were one of the first to all come with ETC and they hold the throttle from WOT until 3000rpm as well. Im pretty sure at least on the P10 that it was linked to the TM settings, as I felt a huge difference when I just removed the TM (nothing else done to the tune). So just delete the TM and you should be fine, but I have no idea on why it didnt show (if its supposed to).

GMPX
September 5th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Most of GM's new controllers have the TAC built in to the ECM. Currently we are not allowing modification of the ETC response table. It was tested by some Beta guys but we ran in to some drama's. It will be revisited at some stage.

Cheers,
Ross

Delco
September 5th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Welcome to the LL8 world man, our engines were one of the first to all come with ETC and they hold the throttle from WOT until 3000rpm as well. Im pretty sure at least on the P10 that it was linked to the TM settings, as I felt a huge difference when I just removed the TM (nothing else done to the tune). So just delete the TM and you should be fine, but I have no idea on why it didnt show (if its supposed to).

So you see low map until 3000 rpm or just no power ?

ScarabEpic22
September 6th, 2007, 03:11 AM

Cant say for sure, but there is definitely a HUGE power loss under 3K until tuned and no TM. I dont know if this is actually fixed or if it is just a lot less noticeable tuned b/c the TM makes the TBs a dog off the line anyway. When I get my TB back in a couple months I plan to revamp my tune (again, but thats the fun of EFILive IMO:cheers: ) and take a bunch of logs and stuff.

XLR8NSS
September 7th, 2007, 07:48 AM

I don't have the truck yet so I don't know that but, I have test drove a couple. The new '07+ trucks(and maybe others) with the E38 don't seem like they open the TB all the way until about 3000rpm. It is a VERY noticeable increase in power at about 3000rpm.

This is just flooring it off the line from a dead stop.

Delco
September 8th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I don't have the truck yet so I don't know that but, I have test drove a couple. The new '07+ trucks(and maybe others) with the E38 don't seem like they open the TB all the way until about 3000rpm. It is a VERY noticeable increase in power at about 3000rpm.

This is just flooring it off the line from a dead stop.

Seem to is a pretty loose statement , more likely power enrichment isnt implimentented untgil 3000rpm.

Actually on most cars/trucks just openinh the throttle to 50% will give full airflow anyway up to the higher rpm points.

Airflow requirement at 3000rpm is a lot less than that required at 6000rpm.

Do a log and if your map drops below atmosphere then you ahve a airflow issue , if not go and analyse the tune rather than guessing its not opening the throttle.

ETC stuff we have played with makes very little difference to the tune , BUT it can lockup the PCM and render it useless if you move it outside of set ranges.

Havent seen any ETC cals that limit throttle opening at low rpm though.