PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Corvette LS1 VATS problem

Rewire
September 5th, 2007, 05:22 PM
I have a new transplant into a 69 Camaro and can not seem to remove the VATS. It shows as being removed when I read the computer but it is still there. The engine runs a few seconds and quits. I loaded a Camaro file into it but it ran poorly and had no throttle (this is a fly by wire set up). I had the same problem with an LT1 and had to load a Camaro file and update it with the Corvette calibrations. Has anyone had this problem? Scanner shows no faults!

Chuck CoW
September 5th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I have a new transplant into a 69 Camaro and can not seem to remove the VATS. It shows as being removed when I read the computer but it is still there. The engine runs a few seconds and quits. I loaded a Camaro file into it but it ran poorly and had no throttle (this is a fly by wire set up). I had the same problem with an LT1 and had to load a Camaro file and update it with the Corvette calibrations. Has anyone had this problem? Scanner shows no faults!

Funny thing is, as often as I use it....Nobody has ever told me that it didn't work....I guess I just assumed that it did.

Please let me know how you make out....

Also, I believe you can turn off the anti theft stuff completely and make it work....

Chuck CoW

Rewire
September 6th, 2007, 03:01 AM
I have tried all three settings! No change! The Camaro file does though. Does the corvette file contain something to prevent a VATS change that EFILIVE is missing? Am I swearing if I mention that Tunercat cannot remove it either?

eurospec1
September 6th, 2007, 04:24 AM
Hmm, i wonder if its something to do with the passive-key resistor that is in the corvette and f-bodys. That is controlled through the BCM and turning VATS off will not stop that from activating and shutting down your car. You probably dont have the BCM in the 69 but maybe the PCM is looking for something that isnt there in regards to that system?

Rewire
September 6th, 2007, 05:51 AM
Interesting....you are correct , I don't have the BCM and don't plan on getting it cause the car it came from is crushed. On anoughther thread someone experienced this and got it to work only when the scanner was plugged in!!! I am still at a loss!

Rewire
September 12th, 2007, 01:42 PM
If I had loaded the latest version of the EFILive, I would have noticed the Column lock option (G0801). It was Not there in my purchased version. Anyway, it now runs with the G0801 set to "no" and the VATS set to "none". Used a lot of time on that one!!!!

eurospec1
September 12th, 2007, 10:36 PM
If I had loaded the latest version of the EFILive, I would have noticed the Column lock option (G0801). It was Not there in my purchased version. Anyway, it now runs with the G0801 set to "no" and the VATS set to "none". Used a lot of time on that one!!!!

Cool, good to hear you got it going!