PDA

View Full Version : No gm kr available in pids

louis
September 6th, 2007, 10:22 AM
What do I select if the GM KR is not supported when trying to setup autoVE? 99 corvette with 02040003 os

I also cannot select ben lm-1 says its not supported also. I am pretty sure it was supported in an older os version.

Thank you gentlemen for any help

stigmundfreud
September 8th, 2007, 01:33 PM
to get the ben have you need to have enabled

1.) external analog voltage 1 (ext.ad1)
2.) Wide band AFR1 LM-1 (under calculated)

These are the two pre-requisits to get BEN enabled

can't help with GM KR sorry

Tordne
September 8th, 2007, 01:41 PM
When connected to the vehicle simply try validating the PIDs from the Info menu.

louis
September 11th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Hello gentlemen and thaks for your replies.

Something is odd with my program it seems. If I try to look at a log and I see the maps I set up have a line thru them I know its not selected even though it was. Then I go in there and cant even find the pid.

I open another saved selection of pids and it seems all the pids have been changed to this one I have open.
I closed the program and open the saved pids I know are good and now they are all there and working.

Does this mean if I look at a previous log I am stuck with those pids it used and now reports half of them missing? When I go into pids I try to fix but of course it requires you to clear the logs.

I will try re reading the pids from the ecu again.

Thanks for the advice.

By the way this is my street car.....

1999 Corvette F1-C procharger 1,250 hp
Dual Intercoolers
3bar Map
500 HP Computerized Nitrous Shot
1,750 HP total. Have 12 miles on it right now.
-32cc Mahley blower race pistons with their rods
Best Callies crank made
Block Girdle
Ls1 Dart CNC Heads 1st set ever made
LSX intake 90 mm throttle body
75 lb injectors
1.8 rockers all rollers crane lifters
Kooks headers and 3" exhaust
efilive

Best of all what else is nice is its all hidden. Looks completely stock till you hear it of course

stigmundfreud
September 11th, 2007, 03:33 AM
your log will open the selected pids used during scanning (or at least mine does, so that is what you are seeing)

I also find that unless I add the vin in properly I cannot select the desired pids off line, only when connected and verfied what controller I have. So its best to register the VIN and customer (your) details under the options.

99ss
September 13th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Yep, I find that things work much more smoothly now that I've got all the registration and licensing info entered correctly. Even with the flashscan attached there was some quirkiness but with all the info entered correctly it's much much smoother to work with. I have v1

Boost
September 17th, 2007, 01:00 PM
I have the same exact problem! Could not figure it out. I tried to get help in this thread:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6200

But Louis's posts very accurately describe what is happening to me. So are you guys saying that by entering the VIN and customer info it will clear up? Thanks!

louis
September 17th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Hello Gentlemen and thank you for the replies.

I do have the license info in the scanner and in the tune tool and I select all the pids and have all the maps set, connect to the cars computer and now my pids I selected and maps are all lined thru saying I didnt select them when I did.

Every one talks about entering lic info right and I do. Next time I also shut off the scanner and turn it on it ask me for my license number again.

Then I reset everything up again add my vin number etc and go to the tune file then it says my license doesnt match and my scan is for another car. When I enter the vin number it is the same vin I have in my scanner also.

Louis

Blacky
September 18th, 2007, 09:12 AM
and go to the tune file then it says my license doesnt match and my scan is for another car This message simply indicates that the scan tool and the tuning tool are using data that has been opbtained from vehicles with different VINs. It is just a gentle reminder that you may not be looking at data from the same vehicle in both the scan and tune tool software. It is not indicative of any fault or problem.

The GM enhanced PIDs (PIDs that are prefixed with GM.) are only loaded into EFILive if EFILive sees a valid GM VIN. If the VIN from the vehicle does not match EFILive's pre-determined list of GM VINs then it will not load the GM enhanced PIDs. In that case all the GM enhanced PIDs will be flagged as not supported.

If the Scan Tool is not able to retrieve a valid VIN from the vehicle, then you must enter a VIN manually using the menu option: File->Enter VIN...
Please make sure the VIN you enter (or the VIN retrieved from the vehicle) starts with the one of these two letter combinations: 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G or 6H. If it does not, then EFILive will not recognize the VIN as a GM vehicle.

If your VIN is a genuine GM VIN and is does not match one of the codes above, you can add it to the *VINCONFIG section at the start of the file: \Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\sae_generic.txt

Regards
Paul