PDA

View Full Version : Deleting MAF

v8vegaman
September 7th, 2007, 08:30 AM
I'm working with a 99 LS1 and would like to remove the MAF sensor. Is there an easy way to go about this? Is it as simple as removing the MAF?

joecar
September 7th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Yes, unplugging and/or otherwise physically removing the MAF sensor...

the PCM will throw some MAF error codes which cause the PCM to run from the VE table exclusively...

you may then want to dial in your VE table (see the Auto VE tutorial, wideband O2 sensor is helpful).

stigmundfreud
September 7th, 2007, 10:46 AM
out of interest why are you wanting to ditch your maf?

Lextech
September 7th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Also, If your car uses a 5 wire MAF, it has a built in Intake Air Temp Sensor (IAT). If so, you will need to install a divorced type 2 wire IAT. I am unsure when GM started using the 5 wire MAF.

macca_779
September 8th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Also, If your car uses a 5 wire MAF, it has a built in Intake Air Temp Sensor (IAT). If so, you will need to install a divorced type 2 wire IAT. I am unsure when GM started using the 5 wire MAF.

its a 99 so it wont have this issue

v8vegaman
September 9th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks again for all of your replies. I love this forum and I hope I can help people out in the future. I would like to put the engine in an older car so I need to remove the MAF. Thanks again.

:master:

v8vegaman
September 14th, 2007, 01:40 AM
Well, I have the engine running on a test stand and it sounds great, when I remove the MAF it will not run, are there some tuning tricks to change this problem?:nixweiss:

stigmundfreud
September 14th, 2007, 01:44 AM
you did set the dtc enablers for the maf as per autoVE docs?