PDA

View Full Version : Contest for who makes the best custom dash.

wait4me
June 11th, 2005, 01:05 AM
Im starting my own contest of who makes the Coolest Dash!

We can have Blacky, Recieve all the dashes in the new dashboard for efilive thread, for the whole week, then Start the post and then everyone vote for there favorite Dash on ls1tech, and have a poll of what one everyone likes the most, and the winner gets 2 free car licenses. Ill pay for the licenses. Since this isnt actually an official contest. :) And the submitting in this thread starts now until next Sunday at 12:00am central. Then it will be on the polls for the winner to be judged for 5 days, That way you can have the extra licenses by the weekend.
You can put in as many dashes that you make, but they must be a valid working dash.
And Try to be as original as possible. :) Good luck, And Everyone have a good weekend, Jes

Bruce Melton
June 11th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Im starting my own contest of who makes the Coolest Dash!

We can have Blacky, Recieve all the dashes in the new dashboard for efilive thread, for the whole week, then Start the post and then everyone vote for there favorite Dash on ls1tech, and have a poll of what one everyone likes the most, and the winner gets 2 free car licenses. Ill pay for the licenses. Since this isnt actually an official contest. :) And the submitting in this thread starts now until next Sunday at 12:00am central. Then it will be on the polls for the winner to be judged for 5 days, That way you can have the extra licenses by the weekend.
You can put in as many dashes that you make, but they must be a valid working dash.
And Try to be as original as possible. :) Good luck, And Everyone have a good weekend, Jes

That is a great idea and very generous of you!
In order to qualify should you have to make the files available to the Forum and maybe 2 weeks contest duration? This aspect is a bit selfish but a good thing?
Bruce

wait4me
June 11th, 2005, 05:39 AM
You guys can tell all your friends. They dont have to own efilive to enter the contest. They can go and download the trial version of the software and play too, But, they will only get $100 cash via paypal instead of the $200.00 in licenses, or, If that WINNER desides that they want to purchase the software, can get the Efilive software for a $200 dollar credit of the price thru me, Ill pay the $200. It would be up to everyone if they want to upload the whole dash, but it would be more fun for everyone if they did. The winner has to have his dash submited for everyone to have. :) Good luck and tell everyone about it.

Black02SS
June 12th, 2005, 03:46 PM
So when is the deadline? Sunday?

wait4me
June 12th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Sunday the 19th

Black02SS
June 12th, 2005, 05:35 PM
And we email these to Paul? Reason I ask is because I will have one of mine done here in a few and didn't know where to send it. :)

wait4me
June 12th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Im not sure where to put them?? I guess everyone could email them to me and ill host them on my server? Jessebubb@yahoo.com

Here is mine, even though i dont get to play. :)

Im trying to figure out how to make status bits light up in the areas of the car that have a problem. like if the engine light is on, It highlights the motor, if a tire sensor is low, it would light up the tire, Low fuel same thing.. ect.. :) Just havent gotten that far yet.. I see we can have our own icons, so i could just make a modified picture of each part of the car... :)

Black02SS
June 12th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Here is one that I did for a GTO. I am working on a "few" more things trying to get a theme for all. (GTO, Camaro, T/A, Corvette).

http://home.insightbb.com/~black02ss/GTOEFILIVE.jpg

MN C5
June 13th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Black02SS that is super nice. Great job... I can't belive I'm the first to post a compliment.

anyway it looks great. :D :D

wait4me
June 13th, 2005, 11:46 AM
lol. I didnt comment cause it was too awsome.. lol. Im jealous.. lol

Black02SS
June 13th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate the comments. I am working a couple more now that I won't display probably till the end of the week or so. So who all is actually working on this project?

joecar
June 13th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Not done with comments... speechless... very nice
(I was working on this... 'till now.... he he he).
8) 8) 8)

Scoota
June 13th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Black02SS, that’s quite impressive.

Cheers. Scotty.

Black02SS
June 14th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Here is another I did.

http://home.insightbb.com/~black02ss/EFIZO6.jpg

GMPX
June 15th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Step aside folks, please make way, the king of dash designs has arrived, :shock:

MN C5
June 15th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Step aside folks, please make way, the king of dash designs has arrived, :shock:
All talk and No Pictures...GMPX :?:

Tordne
June 15th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I took him (GMPX) as referring to the awesome work of 'black02ss'.

GMPX
June 15th, 2005, 03:59 PM

That's exactly what I was referring to, I don't think I could come up with a decent dash with MS Paint :?

Black02SS
June 15th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks again to all for the wonderful compliments. These wouldn't be what they are without the awsome features of EFI Live!!! ;)

Tordne
June 15th, 2005, 04:07 PM

That's exactly what I was referring to, I don't think I could come up with a decent dash with MS Paint :?

I'm the same, don't really have a artistic bone in me. I've created what I consider to be a "useful" dash (not going to post it here, far to ashamed), but it is completely lacking of creativity :!:

joecar
June 15th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Ross, have you been neglecting your sleep... :lol:
Oh, I see you were refering to blask02ss's dash; yes, it is very nice.

Tordne, maybe you and I can swap our functional dashes some time (yes, too ashamed to post them publicly...)... :lol:

Black02SS
June 15th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Here are the GTO and Corvette dashboards if anyone is interested in them.

Please read the Read Me.

http://home.insightbb.com/~black02ss/GTO-Corvette.zip

02 pewter Ls1
June 16th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Here are the GTO and Corvette dashboards if anyone is interested in them.

Please read the Read Me.

http://home.insightbb.com/~black02ss/GTO-Corvette.zip

Awesome great job man and thanks for sharing them. :D :D

joecar
June 18th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Here's my attempt at a functional dash...
(where do I post the actual dash files...?)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blacky
June 18th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Here's my attempt at a functional dash...
(where do I post the actual dash files...?)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, now I feel foolish. I wanted to make my vertical bar gauges have labels on only one side, but thought it was not possible. Looks like it is possible after all. I'm going back now to fix up my dash.

Just zip up all the files that form part of your dash, and attach it the same way you attached the image of your dashboard:

In the My Documents\EFILive\V7\VDash folder:
<name>.vdb
<name>_A.vdp
<name>_B.vdp
<name>_C.vdp
<name> folder (assuming you re-saved all the gauges in the <name> folder).
Where <name> is the name of your dashboard.

Note: To make creating new dashboards easier, pre-release 003 will automatically create a new theme folder and copy ALL gauges into that new theme folder when you select "Save dash as...".

Paul

joecar
June 18th, 2005, 03:38 PM
I'm going back now to fix up my dash.

You just set the Scale's Horizontal Justify to Left or Right.

joecar
June 18th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Just zip up all the files that form part of your dash, and attach it the same way you attached the image of your dashboard:

In the My Documents\EFILive\V7\VDash folder:
<name>.vdb
<name>_A.vdp
<name>_B.vdp
<name>_C.vdp
<name> folder (assuming you re-saved all the gauges in the <name> folder).
Where <name> is the name of your dashboard.

Oh, I should have known this... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blacky
June 18th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I'm going back now to fix up my dash.

You just set the Scale's Horizontal Justify to Left or Right.

And I should have known that - I had forgotten about that "feature" :)
Paul

dbaxter_ss
June 20th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Technically Accurate too :D
Please allow for cleanup time tonight.
Other cars to come but here is for the gto/holden

EDIT

gage removed from here and put on page 3 holden and gto on there

mistermike
June 20th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Don't look now, man, but while you were sleeping, someone moved the steering wheel on your Goat.

dbaxter_ss
June 20th, 2005, 10:12 AM
You mean like this - gotta love photo editors :D

GTO Gage
http://www.purplegto.com/files/gtogage-us.PNG

Holden Gage
http://www.purplegto.com/files/holdengage.PNG[/img]

dbaxter_ss
June 20th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Other LCD version:

http://www.purplegto.com/files/lcd.png

http://www.purplegto.com/files/new_lcd_black.png