PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to COS3 and have problem......

Rhino79
September 11th, 2007, 01:03 PM
I upgraded a supercharged car to COS3 yesterday. I full flashed the cos into the pcm, then did a cal flash with the .tun file that was already in the car. It was not really tuned with before I started with it, so I suggested he go 2 bar and COS3. Did all that, read the file back out and set up the custom calibrations, saved as and reflashed. Car was hard to start, had to give it gas to start, finally it started, and idled really high, but would not take any throttle. Put it in gear and it would die. So I did a full reflash of the same exact file that i put in the COS and the car fired right up and ran great, Part throttle anyways, didn't want to run wot without a boost ve table. Here is a copy of both files, the COS and the file that is currently in the car.

5.7ute
September 11th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Have a look at your B3647 table in the COS. It is a copy of the B3605 olfa table which has different units. This will be causing the car to idle extremely rich & causing your hard start etc.
Since they are different operating systems you will need to open both files seperately to compare the file differences.

kbracing96
September 11th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Try this, I fixed the B3647 table to something that will get you going.

Rhino79
September 11th, 2007, 04:44 PM
I didn't even notice that the row units changed from etc to rpm with the COS upgrade, damn, thanks.

kbracing96
September 11th, 2007, 04:49 PM
I didn't even notice that the row units changed from etc to rpm with the COS upgrade, damn, thanks.

That's one of the best feature and one of my favorite tables in the COS's :)

5.7ute
September 11th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Remember when you start the auto ve process not to command 1.0 in B3647 as trimming will occur. It looks like you will have a lot of work to do on both the normal & boost ve table. I would be trying to find a similar tunes table to copy to start with. Also I would check that the ifr table matches the injectors.