PDA

View Full Version : Tried to AutoVE and only got 50,55, 60 MAP numbers

99ss
September 12th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Tried to AutoVE and only got 50,55, 60 MAP numbers. My idle was at like 1500 rpms and wouldnt go down. How do you fill all the cells?

My speed sensor says I'm doing 36 mph at idle as well and doesnt register when I'm driving.

joecar
September 12th, 2007, 08:48 AM
In the scantool, goto the Data tab and make sure that MAP units are the same as for the VE table in the tunetool.

Something is wrong with the VSS circuit... or your ground connections.

May want to try a reflash.

99ss
September 12th, 2007, 09:00 AM
the tune tool is in kpa and the MAP is inHg, how do you change it? everything I've tried doesnt work it keeps wanting measure in inHG

joecar
September 12th, 2007, 10:13 AM
In the scantool, goto the PID's tab, rightclick on MAP and select Metric.

Then goto the Data tab and verify that MAP says "kPa".

Now, I find everytime I start the scantool, MAP reverts back to imperial inHg, so you have to check it each time.

mr.prick
September 12th, 2007, 11:37 AM

Now, I find everytime I start the scantool, MAP reverts back to imperial inHg, so you have to check it each time.
:bash: i think there are some bugs in the latest version.:mad:

99ss
September 12th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Mine stays at KPa now closed restarted pc.. good to go. I'll go get some new cells. How do you capture them all? I went slow thtough the rpms and then at WOT. Tried to give it various throttle postions.

joecar
September 12th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Try this:
- stay in 1st gear and go to red-line, maybe simultaneously step on brake to provide load;
- just drive around as you would normally, downshift and hit high rpm, but watch the road and your speed;

Some sections of the VE table are very hard to hit, but that's ok, because you'll never hit them anyway.

To get more cells, a load dynomometer could be used, but that costs more $$$, and the dyno load is different than the load experienced during street driving.

99ss
September 12th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Thx joecar your awesome!

joecar
September 13th, 2007, 03:04 AM

Now, I find everytime I start the scantool, MAP reverts back to imperial inHg, so you have to check it each time.I found to keep MAP in kPa and MAF in gram/s, do this in the scantool:

1. select Edit->Properties->Options->Preffered Unit System->Metric,
2. in the PIDs tab, set the units you want for each PID (e.g. MAP in kPa, VSS in MPH),
3. exit scantool.

When you restart the scantool, all your PIDs have their correct units (e.g. MAP retains kPa, VSS retains MPH).

joecar
September 13th, 2007, 03:06 AM
99, thanks, keep us posted how you go... :cheers: