PDA

View Full Version : 1997 vette superchips tune. EFI Live overwrite?

mvvette97
September 12th, 2007, 04:21 PM
I have a superchips tune in my vette and my programmer was damaged so will EFI Live be able to change anything in the pcm since it has the superchips in it right now?

mvvette97
September 13th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Ok, I just tried to get in to my pcm and it said that it is locked. I don't have the superchips programmer anymore so is there any way to get it unlocked?

wait4me
September 13th, 2007, 11:46 AM
it wont be locked, you just need to make sure you picked the right controller type. yours will be the ls1a or 97-98 ls1 pcm type

mvvette97
September 13th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Hmm, well it does still have the superchips tune in the pcm but I no longer have the programmer to put it back to stock. I was able to run the scan and tune on it. I tried to use the tuning and it said that the pcm was VIN locked. I was trying to just read the pcm but it said I need some key to be able to unlock the pcm.

eurospec1
September 14th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Hmm, well it does still have the superchips tune in the pcm but I no longer have the programmer to put it back to stock. I was able to run the scan and tune on it. I tried to use the tuning and it said that the pcm was VIN locked. I was trying to just read the pcm but it said I need some key to be able to unlock the pcm.

Sounds like its locked to me :(, dont think theres anyway to get around it without the Superchips programmer either.

wait4me
September 14th, 2007, 01:50 AM
On the tune when you press read, there is a box that pops up. you have to select the controller type at the top of the box. it sounds like you arent pressing the controller type that is correct.

eurospec1
September 14th, 2007, 01:52 AM
On the tune when you press read, there is a box that pops up. you have to select the controller type at the top of the box. it sounds like you arent pressing the controller type that is correct.

If that was the problem, it woudnt be asking him for a key would it?

mvvette97
September 14th, 2007, 02:34 AM
On the tune when you press read, there is a box that pops up. you have to select the controller type at the top of the box. it sounds like you arent pressing the controller type that is correct.yea it asked what pcm I have. I selected 1997-1998 Gen 111.

mvvette97
September 14th, 2007, 02:36 AM
I must need a locksmith or a slimjim:hihi: .

wait4me
September 14th, 2007, 02:37 AM
where are you located? i can fix the pcm for free.

mvvette97
September 14th, 2007, 03:11 AM
where are you located? i can fix the pcm for free.I am in Iowa. I was just thinking about buying another pcm for the 97 vette and playing with it. I guess I really hate to go messing with mine very much since I don't really know how to run the EFI yet. Wouls ya have any idea where i can buy another pcm?

wait4me
September 14th, 2007, 03:19 AM
I still dont know why the pcm would be locked. I was unaware of any of them locking a controller. They lock themselves to be used only on that car...

What does it say the "SEED" is in the little window when you do a read.

wait4me
September 14th, 2007, 03:19 AM
email me your vin.

mvvette97
September 14th, 2007, 01:31 PM
email me your vin.Hey Jesse, do you have another pcm for a 97 corvette? I was thinking if I could buy another pcm then I could just play around with that
one. So if I mess something up I can always just put my original one back in and go.