PDA

View Full Version : Would someone look at my tune and see if they can help with an idle flare?

ForcefeedWS6
September 13th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I have a 00 WS6 M6 with a procharger. I put 47# injectors and a racetronix fuel pump. I setup the flow rate of the injectors and I'm running COS5. If I touch the throttle it will go up to 2k rpm and hang there for 3-4 seconds. I logged the desired idle flow and it averaged out at 0. I also logged snapping the throttle. I hope someone can help. Thank You.

ForcefeedWS6
September 14th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Anyone care to try and help?

ringram
September 15th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Take a look at follower decay rates and delay

ForcefeedWS6
September 15th, 2007, 04:59 AM
I've been playing with them. I got it where it will return to idle if I snap the throttle sitting still. It still hangs if there is a load on the engine and I push the clutch in. Still need to play with it somemore. Thank You.

DaddySS
September 19th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Taking a quick look you might increase the throttle follower decay in p/n. Log the follower, cracker and IAC to see which one is holding it up.

ForcefeedWS6
September 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Thanks DaddySS. I've been playing around with it. I've got it where it will return to idle after a snap of the throttle. It's wanting to hang at 1500-2000 rpm while moving and then push in the clutch. I changed the cracker settings and it never effected it. I finally changed the speed it comes in and kicks out. This seems to have helped. I drove it to work today and at times it still wanted to hang. I will try logging the follower,cracker and IAC and see if I catch anything. What's the best way to log this data. New to this stuff, just wanting to make sure I do it the correct way. Thanks for the help.

DaddySS
September 19th, 2007, 09:48 PM
You want to focus on the follower, not the cracker and especially decay in p/n (clutch depressed).
Log:rpm, tps, ect, vss, dyn cyl air, spark, iac TC, iac TF, iac steps, rafig.
That will give you a good sense of what is directing the idle.

ForcefeedWS6
September 19th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Ok thanks. I will log this data and see if it shows what's going on.

ForcefeedWS6
September 22nd, 2007, 02:47 PM
I put all the throttle follower and cracker back to stock settings except for the throttle multiplier. I set it to 0 and that seemed to fix the problems except for when its hot idles about 200rpm to high. I take the car out tonite and go to the show. On the way to the show it is fine. On the way back it starts hanging again at about 1800rpm when the clutch is pushed in. :wtf1: Sounds like shit when you pull up to a stoplight push the clutch in and the rpm's shoot up. Would this have anything to do with the throttle learner? This thing is really starting to piss me off. Almost ready to pull the procharger and put it back stock. I'll try and take it out and log some data tomorrow. May just need to stay away from it for a day or so and calm down.

DaddySS
September 22nd, 2007, 10:59 PM
Start with copying your 14MPH cell in the TF decay p/n to the lower cells and see if that doesn't eliminate the hang.

ForcefeedWS6
September 23rd, 2007, 03:01 AM
Thanks. I will try that and see what happens. Why was it fine then started doing it again? Thanks again.

SSbaby
September 29th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Your throttle cracker settings {B4309} appear too high.

Your throttle follower settings {B4315} seem to ramp up too quickly.

ForcefeedWS6
September 30th, 2007, 02:41 PM
I got it figured out. Thanks for the help guys.

DaddySS
September 30th, 2007, 07:52 PM
When you have a moment, let us know what you found/did to solve it. Always helps to have the solution that may help others.

ForcefeedWS6
October 1st, 2007, 12:41 AM
I had a vacumn leak that must have been effecting the throttle cracker and the follower. The line going to the pcv valve was split. Didn't hear the leak over the blower wine. Repaired leak and put all stock tc and tf setting back in. Now it idles great. Thanks guys.