PDA

View Full Version : LBZ Tune Issues

chevyspy
September 14th, 2007, 12:03 AM
I'm sure a lot of this has been discussed but here are some things I discovered recently:

1. No matter how I set up the EGR, it will not fully disengage. I still see the ECM commanding EGR % in the data log, it's messed up.

Here are settings:

You guys that still have the valve in place and think these settings are turning it off, I think you are wrong. The highest EGR command I am seeing is 24.7%, now this is allot lower then stock but still far from 0%. Try logging and see what you get. Look at the commanded EGR PID.

2. Despite what others are saying, I can't take over the 6 speed Allision in the scan tool. When I attempt to command the Allison TCM I get "lost communication", when I command the LBZ ECM with the Allison icon, the trans does a weird shutter and then I get a message on the dash saying the manual range selection is unavailable. The transmission gear select light starts flashing and the trans acts like it's in neutral until you manually move the shift lever to a different position, then the trans acts normal again. Don't think the TCC controls are working either. Guess I will have to wait for the next EFI update before I can make an effective dyno pull (I would like to lock 4th gear).

3. Defuel is driving me nuts. I have gotten the truck to shift very solid on the 1-2 by adjusting the B1102 table area of the shift, cells down about 5%. It even gives a nice tire chirp on the 1-2 (Transgo Jr. installed). The 2-3 is another story, the truck lunges forward and defuels hard (same on 3-4). I have tried the same way of adjusting the B1102 table for this shift (like I did for the 1-2) and it's not working. I am wondering if a different table is affecting this shift defuel?

4. At WOT the tune I have designed does not lay the power down super smooth, you can feel a minor amount of surging up and down and it even shows up on the fuel curve in the scan tool. Any ideas on how to get this to even out? The fuel pulse looks to be the same number across the whole WOT line, I think it's the timing or the damn B1102 table that is killing me again here.

Anyway, I am real close to getting this tune down and would be happy to share it once it is polished, in my opinion it is a real nice street tune (about 425 h.p.). I just need some assistance getting it completed.

The guy that sold me the V2 4 weeks ago promised to send me a 60hp starter tune that I could tweak off of (complimentary for the purchase of EFI from him). After countless phone calls and emails I have still not received this tune and am having to start with this tune from the ground up. Any help would be appreciated.

:frown:

chevyspy
September 14th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Not sure what to do.

GMPX
September 16th, 2007, 09:59 AM
1. No matter how I set up the EGR, it will not fully disengage. I still see the ECM commanding EGR % in the data log, it's messed up.

Try setting B1502 to 100%.

2. Despite what others are saying, I can't take over the 6 speed Allision in the scan tool. When I attempt to command the Allison TCM I get "lost communication"

Bi-Directional controls for the 6spd are not implemented, I am surprised it is doing anything.

The guy that sold me the V2 4 weeks ago promised to send me a 60hp starter tune that I could tweak off of (complimentary for the purchase of EFI from him). After countless phone calls and emails I have still not received this tune and am having to start with this tune from the ground up. Any help would be appreciated.

:frown:

I'm not sure what to advise you on the other questions, however, if you want to contact me regarding the last point I'll see what we can do.

Cheers,
Ross