PDA

View Full Version : E38 Misfire DTC

macca_779
September 17th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Guys just throwing it out there to see if anyone else has seen a misfire DTC come up on an E38 before. I tuned a L98 a few weeks ago then got a call 2 weeks later that the car was running quite poorly. It was surging under large throttle inputs and basically didn't want to build RPM. I scanned it and called out a cylinder 7 misfire code as well as a similar EPA one which I can't recall exactly what it was named now. The odd thing was that I cleared the codes and the car was fine. It's like with one or both of these codes the ECM was putting the engine into a sort of limp mode. I'll be monitoring this cars progress closely, but in the meantime if anyone has seen this before have they worked out why its occuring and what the rectification is. It could of just been a spurious thing because its fine for now.

4wheelin
October 19th, 2007, 10:18 PM
I tuned a L76 that had a miss under high load low rpm but didn't log a miss, it really needed to come out of closed loop earlier but I was having issues with that too. I ended up altering the shift pattern to avoid the situation which seems to have worked well for now.