PDA

View Full Version : Problem with speedometer

mrialsm4
September 22nd, 2007, 08:57 AM
Ok, first of, let me apologize if I've posted this in the wrong section.

I have an 06 GTO, I'm trying to recalibrate my speedometer. I swapped the 3.46 gear for a 4.56. I have changed the following tables in my ECM and TCM, with no effect on the speedometer reading.

ECM-
H0101
H0104
H0103
H0122
H0125

TCM-
H0101
H0103
Also, all of the shiftpoints have been adjusted in the transmission according to the tutorial.

I have changed these parameters from one extreme to the other and back again, I've been at this for several hours. There HAS to be something that I'm leaving out somewhere, because no matter what I change the values in the tables above to, the Reading is still 75MPH @ 2400RPM, when it should actually read betwen 50/60MPH.

Please help me, as I only have a few hairs left to pull off before there's none left.

Mike

PS- I'll add that I'm also running the GEN IV 2bar OS. If it's of any consequence.

mrialsm4
September 22nd, 2007, 09:28 AM
anyone?

mrialsm4
September 22nd, 2007, 04:48 PM
ttt ttt

Blacky
September 22nd, 2007, 08:37 PM
There are issues with the speedo calculator.

Some vehicle/controller combos are not supported by the speedo calculator. in the EFILive software. We are working on figuring out why some controllers do not respond as expected to changes in the calibrated values.

We expect to have an improved speedo calculator in the next software update, which is due for public release before end of October.

Regards
Paul

mrialsm4
September 23rd, 2007, 08:24 AM
is there an alternative until then?

mrialsm4
February 21st, 2008, 06:29 AM
resurrecting..
I've just installed the latest release. As my car is in the shop getting a new transmission installed, I can't try to recalibrate it now. Has anything in the new release been changed that will enable me to fix the speedo?

Blacky
February 21st, 2008, 06:38 AM
resurrecting..
I've just installed the latest release. As my car is in the shop getting a new transmission installed, I can't try to recalibrate it now. Has anything in the new release been changed that will enable me to fix the speedo?

There have been improvements in the speedo calculator, however there is still this know problem: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=7298

Regards
Paul