PDA

View Full Version : Dates for update?

eboggs_jkvl
September 24th, 2007, 02:05 AM
In the download thread, it shows August 3 as the date? Is that correct?

I did the update and have the new Version number showing.

Also, is there a need to update the V2 Flashscan Firmware with this update?

macca_779
September 24th, 2007, 01:14 PM
with every update there is most likely going to be a firmware update. Open the update Flashscan Firmware program and it will tell you.

eboggs_jkvl
September 25th, 2007, 03:12 AM
with every update there is most likely going to be a firmware update. Open the update Flashscan Firmware program and it will tell you.

True, but as an ex-course developer and instructor, one should not assume something.

When there is an update, information should cover all aspects of the update in the "update" thread notification. Remember, ALL people do NOT know the assumed. Some guy/gal buys EFILive and this could be their first "update".

A: Download what
B: Overwrite what and where
C: Any additional actions (firmware update, file deletions, drink a beer, etc)

:cheers:

Blacky
September 25th, 2007, 09:01 AM
All good points and something we are covering in the next major release of EFILive. IT has autodetecting updates (user defined polling interval) and it prompts the user to update the software automatically. The updates will be downloaded and installed using the standard installation program which includes a ReadMe.rtf file with instructions on how to perform any manual tasks to complete the update.

Regards
Paul

eboggs_jkvl
September 25th, 2007, 09:07 AM
All good points and something we are covering in the next major release of EFILive. IT has autodetecting updates (user defined polling interval) and it prompts the user to update the software automatically. The updates will be downloaded and installed using the standard installation program which includes a ReadMe.rtf file with instructions on how to perform any manual tasks to complete the update.

Regards
Paul

Now we're talkin! Make it idiot proof (for me!).

Thanks

Elmer

ScarabEpic22
September 25th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Nice work Paul, I know for some guys that is really going to be beneficial. I know for me, I just click "Next" on everything, so having it all automated is gonna rock!