PDA

View Full Version : TPS issues?

1morews6
June 15th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Well I finally have the beast back on the road :D

99 Trans Am
C5R427 (all the goodies)
Upgraded the Trans to a Level5
Installed the Fast 90mm intake and the Nick Williams 90mm TB.

Engine Dynoed 627 HP 593 TQ

In the car it was down to 455rwhp on the dyno, Turns out the Cats were in bad shape so I swaped them out for the straight pipe. That got it back up to 475rwhp through the Corsa exhaust, which is still 30hp less than open headers :( I will start looking for a new exhaust system next.

The issues. I am setting the P0121 TPS out of range crap so I will adjust the TPS vs RPM down to 0 at 900 rpm to fix that.

Downshift of the trans does not seem to be consistant. It seem like the TPS is not reading right when I floor it. I have to do it 2 -3 times before I get kick down. I adjusted down the TPS% in all 3 ranges for each downshift gear and it helped but did not fix the problem completely.

Idle is pretty wicked sounding through the catless exhaust with the 244/244 .618 112lsa cam but if I sit in drive with my foot on the brake too long (2-3 minutes) the idle decays and the car dies. Any help on this one would be great. I plan to smoke the intake to check for vaccum leaks, but I doubt thats it or it would happen as soon as I went to idle and had my foot on the brake.

Timing seems a bit low from looking at the numbers 18-25 but that maybe due to the 11:5:1 compression and the 93 octane gas (max I can get here)

Other than that the car runs very strong.

I did buy a WideBand Commander from Dynojet and plan to get it on ASAP so I can start doing some real logging and tune it properly (its tuned WOT now).

I will try to get a clip up of the idle ASAP.

Thanks in advance for the help. I am excited about Flashscan and what I will be able to get out of this setup when I am done ( wait!!! I will never be done :o ) I have a 200 shot N02 kit and all the accessories in the garage waiting to go on it next :twisted: