PDA

View Full Version : DPF Stuff

pushed2dmax
September 25th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Are you guys going to be able to get us fixed up in the DPF department or what? I’m not trying to be pushy or anything, just anxious. I would also like to be able to give my customers a straight answer.

“Best estimate is between 2 and 4 weeks.” That was on July 18th.

Trippin
September 25th, 2007, 03:54 PM
What OS are you working with?

pushed2dmax
September 26th, 2007, 07:05 AM

Trippin
September 26th, 2007, 07:22 AM
pm your Email address

tksmitty
October 8th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Were you guys able to eliminate the DPF and regen cycle? I love to know if it worked.

GMPX
October 9th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Latest news was yes it worked and no it didn't :Eyecrazy: .
Two trucks yeilded slightly different results. It's oh so close though. Got enough out there testing it now a result is very close.

Cheers,
Ross

tksmitty
October 9th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Thanks, I read some posts on DieselPlace where some guys are having real good results with no DPF and EFILive tune. I'm guessing that is all still Beta testing? Thanks for your help.

Riccas
October 9th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I will be hooking up on thursday and i'll try some stuff. I'll report back what i get. Looks like its still up in the air...

Trippin
October 9th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks, I read some posts on DieselPlace where some guys are having real good results with no DPF and EFILive tune. I'm guessing that is all still Beta testing? Thanks for your help.

I'd be happy to walk you through it.

Boost
October 19th, 2007, 02:12 PM
This is a topic of interest to me. Is it that some of the OSs are okay and some are not, or simply half of the trucks are acting up and the other half are not? And what are the things we have to modify is someone "straightpiped" their LMM and trying to get it "back running"? Thanks.

Trippin
October 20th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Remember this is for "off road competition use only".

Boost
October 20th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah of course but can we keep it from going into limp mode or setting codes in "off road competition use only" ??? I think there will be more '08 LMMs than '07, since they don't split models.

mrrattle
November 1st, 2007, 02:44 AM
Hi all, i dont post often but this DPF delete is of great interest to me. I have at least 5 trucks already that need the delete and with winter coming the list will grow. Here is what happens, logger goes to work and its 15 below so he leaves the truck idling, regen never occurs because of the retarded way gm designed the system. Driver makes it couple hundred meters down logging road and truck goes to reduced power mode because the filter is plugged. these trucks spend 90% of their life beating around logging roads and landings nevers seeing more than 20 mile an hour.

Any idea when a public version will be released so i can help these guys out?

GMPX
November 1st, 2007, 02:40 PM
It was supposed to be posted before we left for SEMA last week, Paul was still trying to make it happen with the Taxi waiting to take him to the airport :eek:

If you can wait another week then it will be posted, sorry it never made it. There is some beta guys that have the files and these I know have been shared with those that are desperate (with permission).

Cheers,
Ross

mrrattle
November 1st, 2007, 03:00 PM
one more week wont be a problem at all, just reassuring to know it is coming. Thanks.

IdahoRob
November 1st, 2007, 04:39 PM
Have one getting the full exhaust removed tomorrow. Will let you know on the results. 07.5 LMM

Boost
November 3rd, 2007, 03:23 AM
I am starting a write-up about this issue, to collect all the useful info in one place:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=57728#post57728

fire0021
November 9th, 2007, 11:46 AM
i have abosolutley no issues with mine and the increease in mpg and power is incredible

LBZ
November 13th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Have one getting the full exhaust removed tomorrow. Will let you know on the results. 07.5 LMM

Any results to share yet Rob??

IdahoRob
November 13th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Any results to share yet Rob??
Just talked with him yesterday. Working great, no codes, good power, and better economy.

LBZ
November 13th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Good News!! Right on!!

Thanks Rob.

comet07
November 17th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I removed my exhaust this week and replaced with a turbo-back. Nick at Duramaxtuner.com fixed me right up with a great tune. Very happy with both power and milage. No DPF, no codes, no regen, no problems!!!!!

vortecfcar
November 21st, 2007, 01:49 PM
right on :)