PDA

View Full Version : IAT2 on LMM?

forcefedjunkie
September 25th, 2007, 04:04 PM
I thought this parameter, post intercooler air temp, was available on the 2006+ Duramax but could not find it on an 07 today using EFILive scan tool. Did I miss is, if so what's it named? TIA.

Todd

forcefedjunkie
October 7th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Anyone?

GMPX
October 7th, 2007, 02:11 PM
In the latest release the PID is called "GM.IAT2"

Cheers,
Ross

forcefedjunkie
March 27th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I'm bringing this thread back because I still cannot access this pid. I gave up unsuccessfully last time, but now I have a LBZ twin turbo and am doing intercooler experiments and really would like to monitor this.

My truck is a 2006 LBZ, VIN 1GCHK23D36F146308. I have V7.5.5 build 88. I cannot see this pid when in the LBZ engine controller. However, when I select the LBZ Allison trans controller it comes up right below SAE.IAT as GM.IAT2. It will not read data values though because it's not available from the trans controller (neither will SAE.IAT). When I go back to the engine controller SAE.IAT is still there and works, but GM.IAT2 is gone. What's going on here?

Todd

ScarabEpic22
March 27th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Download 7.5.6 build 103 and see if it still persists. Download link is HERE (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=117126).

Need to download 8.1.2 build 87 as well for your V2.

Have you validated the PIDs in the scan tool with the V2 connected to your LBZ and key on (engine off). Might seem dumb, but Ive had to revalidate PIDs after switching software builds occasionally.

Interesting about it appearing when selecting the Alli trans though, weird?

bballer182
March 29th, 2010, 04:47 PM
The only IAT pid that works on the LBZ right now is the post-intercooler temp sensor. SAE.IAT

GMPX
March 31st, 2010, 10:17 AM
You could try it as an LMM, though I still don't think this will work.
To determine which PID's are supported by each ECM, EFILive queries the ECM (validating PID's), if the ECM is coming back saying not supported (which it must be) then there isn't a lot we can do about that.
Try connecting as an LMM then re-validate the PID's.

Cheers,
Ross