PDA

View Full Version : Anyone spray a I6?

1meangto
September 27th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Hey I just bought a 2005 tb and was wondering what tranny is in it first off. And second has anyone sprayed one of these? I'll be getting started tuning it this weekend we'll be picking it up tomorrow so I'm kinda excited to see what can be gained from tuning one of these.

ScarabEpic22
September 27th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Same ol 4L60E POS, but with the 4.2L I6 you can run 0 TM and really low shift times and not hurt it as they are rated to like 300+ft/lbs tq and the I6 cant make that.

They tune pretty well, just drive around for a while and notice the horrible throttle lag. Then pull just the TM from the engine and trans out, HUGE difference and you havent even tuned it yet.

There are guys spraying them, I dont know if I can link you to the TrailBlazer forum Im big on, mods if its a problem please remove the link: www.TrailVoy.com . Im under the same sn over there, and there are a few guys spraying the I6. Im not sure how, but I would love to figure it out. Maybe a 100 shot would scare some people... I think 50 is doable without much tuning if any (but tune it anyway). Let me know what you end up doing.

joecar
September 27th, 2007, 12:45 PM
It's fine with me unless someone objects.