PDA

View Full Version : Calibration cut and paste

Dynotuner
September 27th, 2007, 12:12 PM
While trying to make a few simple changes to a 09381344 PCM calibration today, I found I could not reprogram the ECU due to an "operating system error". The car had been highly modified by another shop and was probably reflashed with another software or at least a hardware interface other than mine. I was able to read and save the current calibration with no problem, so I have the basic parameters already. I suspect the best option for me at this point is to update the OS to an '02 version since a supercharger and custom OS is in the very near future for this car - correct? I opened EFI Live twice on my laptop and discovered I can do a simple Windows 'cut and paste' for each of the tables. This seems almost too easy - am I missing anything? I do this quite often with other calibration software without fail - I hope it works the same here.

Thanks for any advice.

joecar
September 27th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Use Copy-with-labels and Paste-with-labels so that the data aligns into the right rows/columns.

And welcome to this forum... :cheers:

Dynotuner
September 27th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the info and the welcome. I'm excited to see a forum of active and educated users. I have been reading post after post of very insightful information here. I'm sure I'll have several more questions and look forward to helping others as I get more familar with the software.