PDA

View Full Version : adjust afr with injector flow rate?

ExtTB
September 29th, 2007, 02:18 AM
i was getting a bank to rich error and adjusted the injector flow rate up and it went away...if i adjust it down it comes on more often...i thought it would be the opposite...i was thinking since my I-6 has 156,000 maybe the ejectors are worn

joecar
September 29th, 2007, 03:49 AM
Increasing the IFR table tells the PCM "these injectors flow alot" so the PCM opens them for shorter times...

This matters in open loop, but in closed loop the O2 sensor feedback will allow the PCM to trim the AFR to stoichiometric 14.7 regardless of the IFR table (unless the injectors are operating at either boundary).

ExtTB
September 29th, 2007, 04:34 AM
so how can I lean it out slightly......wonder why it wasn't rich until I removed the fan clutch?...by the way thanks for answering I thought this was a ghost board

Chevy366
September 29th, 2007, 04:52 AM
so how can I lean it out slightly......wonder why it wasn't rich until I removed the fan clutch?...by the way thanks for answering I thought this was a ghost board
Maybe has something to do with the IAT , from what I understand the TBs fan clutch has a 5v pulse for temp sensor and a 12v for engaging the clutch by temp setting (need more .cals for this ?) .
Maybe someone else can confirm or correct the info .

ExtTB
September 29th, 2007, 11:24 AM
the schemtic shows a hall effect sensor and 12v for the clutch...intake temps did go down to almost outside air temp when driving..I am thinking without the clutch and fan acting as a flywheel the engine varies more