PDA

View Full Version : Remote Tuning Classes

vetteboy2k
June 16th, 2005, 11:55 AM
This is a request I feel that many newbies to the tuning world will get pleanty of use from. People involved with EFILive and EVI University could use this to teach others. One on One training!!!

Idea would be to use Microsoft Remote Assistance for EFI Live Instructors to remotely login to a laptop using a wireless connection and teach the user what values to change and by how much.

Using this feature built into Windows XP sometimes is the best way to fix a problem or to teach someone. Remote Assistance is a convenient way for a friend in another location to connect to your computer from another computer running a compatible operating system, such as Microsoft Windows XP, and walk you through your solution.

After your friend is connected, he or she will be able to view your computer screen and chat online with you in real time about what you both see. With your permission, your friend can even use his or her mouse and keyboard to work with you on your computer.

So what do others think? Would you like this to happen? Would others pay for the service? I know I would.

Vetteboy2k

nco663
June 21st, 2005, 09:21 AM
This would be a great backup to those issues that always seem to come up when you are out on the limb. Count me in!
Noe :!:

okn
July 6th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Great, count me in.

okn

ZL1Killa
July 21st, 2005, 01:52 AM
help me with this guys....I have lan internet and I don't have wireless...just let me know if this happens

Mike Zolo
July 22nd, 2005, 03:26 PM
I just started to play with my new EFI live softwear. I would love if I could go to a class.

405HP_Z06
July 22nd, 2005, 05:24 PM
I just started to play with my new EFI live softwear. I would love if I could go to a class.

Hopefully by the end of the year you will be able to. (Crossing my fingers) and hoping that Ben completes the EFILive class material by then.

dbaxter_ss
July 23rd, 2005, 10:59 AM
Outstanding!!!!

Also using Live Meeting for teaching is another though :D

Mike Zolo
September 14th, 2005, 10:36 AM
i went to ben's efi 101 class. great info
i just wish thay had a class more for efilive softwear

ASSAMI
January 2nd, 2006, 06:13 AM
So ...!!! is it done ?

went can we start :help2:

ronhall512
January 15th, 2006, 03:35 PM
ME :nixweiss:

EFI Live:iamwithstupid:

I'd love some lessons on what to change and how.
I'd pay cubic $$$'s for that.:master:

techlink
June 27th, 2006, 10:57 AM
This is interesting... I am writing an electronic Ebook on EFI Tuning and efficincy modeling... for a client. I also have to deliver training for it over the net.

If you think that this would be a great asset for efi user pm me and lets discuss it.

batesyellow01
August 3rd, 2006, 05:38 PM
Any training on EFI would be great. I am at the beginning of the learning curve. I know what few changes to my pcm I currently need to make
and it's taking alot of reading up to know what tables to actually change.
I went out and bought an EFI tuning basics book, but specifics for the EFI live
software would be great, I know the forums and help pages have alot of info,
But for a noob an EFILive scan and tune book would be great. I am new to tuning via software so, yep I have alot to learn. I'm sure there's alot of self tuners out there who think you can pick up the software, scan tool, and have your vehicle runnin like a top the next day. I've been researching for a week to setup the right table to loose 4 degree's timing at WOT with my NO2 setup.But, back to the thread ,any classes come to northern california or a internet class would be great.I'm sure as with any software you need to understand it in all aspects to tune any car properly.I've changed a few simple things like fan on, off temps. Eliminated CAGS, corrected my new tire size , and did a few logs.

EfiOz
September 1st, 2006, 06:06 PM
EFI University already do an EFI Live specific class in the USA. We'll also be offering it down in Australia in te coming months, probably in Melbourne. It was written by Ben Strader in conjunction with Paul Blackmore in order to enlighten students in the correct way to dyno tune as well as maximising the potential of EFI Live's software.

You'll even get to see from the class where the BEN factor came from.

REDDUCK381
February 23rd, 2008, 11:19 PM
good idea count me in

OLS108
February 24th, 2008, 12:30 AM
good idea count me in
cough ** year and a half old thread ** cough.

would be a good idea tho.

Highlander
March 25th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I'm sick... I am going to throw up.. *Cough*!!!

The New Pro
January 29th, 2010, 08:19 AM
I really want to attend a remote class tuning (learn at home)

I would pay for it but I didn't find anyone who can teach me on EFIlive

bondurch
July 27th, 2012, 01:46 PM
I believe this thread has had over 6500 views! That might show the interest ......

eficalibrator
July 28th, 2012, 08:43 AM
The are actually a few decent options out there for learning at home. Both of my GM tuning DVDs are available directly through Summit Racing Equipment (http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=calibrated%20success&dds=1) or Fish Tuning (http://www.fishtuning.com/LearnEFILive).

bondurch
July 28th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Are these dvds diesel or gas tunning specific?

JOHNBOY
July 28th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Gas. His DVDs are very nice but nothing beats taking his classes in person IMHO. Some things are best explained face to face when you can ask questions

The DVDs are very good don't get me wrong. I still refer to them from time to time along with my notebook from his class. All money well spent IMHO.

eficalibrator
July 29th, 2012, 12:43 PM
All of my training is Gasoline specific. I have enough material to keep guys busy for a good long time without resorting to glow plugs. I know just enough about diesels to be dangerous, but don't honestly consider myself to be enough of an "expert" to pretend to be the authority on it and teach professionally. With spark plugs, I'm very confident that I can answer pretty much any question from my students.

ringram
November 26th, 2012, 10:20 AM
How about some comments on the new L92 LT5 ECU Greg?

jeff keyuk
December 11th, 2012, 01:05 PM
That sounds good, even a CD. Gregs CD seems more for HP tuners!

joecar
December 11th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Gregs DVD's do cover some EFILive, I got a peek a while back.

jeff keyuk
December 12th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Hi Joe ! yes I have the first DVD, HIs main focus is with HP Tuner and he touches on EFI LIve. I would like to see more on a EFI live DVD !

joecar
December 12th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Hi Jeff. Ah, I see, so they're mostly HPT.

jeff keyuk
December 12th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Hey Joe! Don't take it the wrong way !I like Gregs DVD,I think if the boys from efi Live put out Dvd training classes ,they would make a killing, If it wasn't for your help,Ive would been dead in the water! Thanks again and merry Christmas to you and your family and all my friends on this form!

eficalibrator
December 12th, 2012, 07:16 AM
The first DVD starts out with HPT demos, but at the end of each section I go back and show where to find the exact same tables in EFI Live. The second DVD used EFI Live almost exclusively, since HPT does not have a native solution for the virtual VE calculations in the newer ECUs. Take a look at my Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/eficalibrator) and watch the demos if you're curious...

jeff keyuk
December 12th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Hi Greg! Have't seen your second DVD, I will check it out tonight, The boys were talking about tuning classes on line, I like the DVD ,you can go back and check it out ,as much as you want! Not knocking you in any way, Ive love to go to your classes. Its location,location .Iam in eastern canada! Cheers!

Highlander
May 26th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Check out greg banish's dvd... its on summit.

gmrattler
February 7th, 2014, 04:35 AM
This is a very old thread, but I would be interested in some training on diesel tuning as well as gas, my primary interest would be in diesel though. :)

ScarabEpic22
February 7th, 2014, 06:45 AM
This is a very old thread, but I would be interested in some training on diesel tuning as well as gas, my primary interest would be in diesel though. :)

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23465-2014-EFILive-Diesel-Training-classes-by-StarLite-Diesel

gmrattler
February 7th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Thanks a lot !