PDA

View Full Version : 5 Wire MAF IAT

shakinlm7
September 30th, 2007, 02:04 PM
I'm going through the auto AutoVE Tutorial and I've made it to the MAF. I just snipped 3 wires and left the brown and black hooked up. My IAT looks accurate and {P0102} show's as soon as I clear my dtc's and re-scan. Should this work?

2002_z28_six_speed
September 30th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Yea, I guess you could snip the wires or just make the MAF failed its test.

The IAT and MAF are completely seperate.

shakinlm7
October 1st, 2007, 07:58 AM
I was under the impression the IAT sensor was built into a 5 wire MAF sensor? I'm going to poke a thermomiter into the intake next to the MAF to see how accurate it is.

wait4me
October 1st, 2007, 08:03 AM
the p0102 is just saying that the maf is not connected. It will always show up when no maf is there. As long as you sent he code to not show a light and set the dtc to "C"

shakinlm7
October 1st, 2007, 11:00 AM
The AutoVE tutorial says to set p0102 like you said so I already had that done. The thermometer read consistent with what the MAF was sending to the PCM. It stayed between 3-4 degrees F cooler than the temperature being sent from the MAF. The lowest temp comparison was 86 @ T-Stat and 82 @ MAF the highest was 114 @ T-stat and 111 @ MAF. Once I get more comfortable with tuning I have a remote mount turbo I plan to install. I'll double check the accuracy after I get it going to see how well it works with higher temperatures. Is there a thread this info could be added to? I tried to find the answerer's to this last night but I couldn't. I found quite a few where people pulled the MAF completely out and bought a IAT sensor. This method saved some time and money.....

I logged a half hour drive last night and copy-pasted my VE map to my main VE. after I reprogrammed the PCM my command AFR and my WB AFR stayed within .40 of each other :)

stigmundfreud
October 1st, 2007, 12:36 PM
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5459&highlight=b5001

Chevy366
October 2nd, 2007, 03:20 AM
The 5 wire MAF the brown and black are the IAT sensor , if you search you will find where I posted a sensor that can be added to these wires and remove the MAF (if in Speed Density completely) or relocate the IAT .
I made a jumper so to speak from some extra wire and plugs I had laying around and isolated the IAT (connected brown and black wire only) in the MAF but left the MAF there , P0103 was the code I got but either P0101 , P0102 or P0103 are correct all mean MAF has failed and only one of those codes need be present for Speed Density .

GM