PDA

View Full Version : Post in here what you would like to see in the I6 support.

wait4me
September 30th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Like the title says, post in here if you think things need to be changed/added/ bug fixes ect. Different types of modifications. Thanks!

No custom os requests. ;)

Chevy366
September 30th, 2007, 03:07 PM
P12 PCM .cals

wait4me
September 30th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Have i not sent them to you?

ScarabEpic22
September 30th, 2007, 06:55 PM
I have 1 P12 file for an 06 TB, dont know what OS though. I just wanted to look at one of the P12 ones to compare it with a P10.

I would personally like to see an AutoVE-type process so I could dial in the VE and then the spark tables (probably could do this now, just dont have time or my truck...). Also, the ability to fully kill the SES lights related to efans, I see we can change the fan type to electric but Ive heard we still get a SES light. A COS would be awesome, but I dont think thats in the cards b/c of the time commitment. I would love to help out some on a COS if that works, just let me know what I can do. I can code a little, but Im pretty limited in that aspect.

ds8
September 30th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Add throttle parameters so we can finally spin the tires, there must be some filtering or PID routine on the ETC now. It would be nice to get at the parameters that control throttle response.

Ability to adjust closed loop AFR. I'd like to be able to lean it out a little bit while cruising.

GM.ENGTRQ_B isn't even close to the real value. Can someone check to see the data has been translated correctly?

The DIC reports instantaneous milage, there is likely a PID for this somewhere on the bus, could this be added to the PID section?

This is probably too difficult to do, but Real Time Tuning for the LL8 would be fantastic!

Fan clutch control parameters. Maybe we can get some extra life out of the clutch.

There must be more torque converter or transmission parameters that you can get at because my torque converter no longer locks between 57 and 63 mph after getting the tune (and it constantly unlocks and relocks going up hills at 55mph), but I have no way to get rid of this. It didn't have this problem before the tune. Please add in whatever would help get rid of that.

What about a way for the user to see what is available to change on the PCM and then implement that in the calibration without having to wait on EFILive. We would need to translate the PCM's file into something we could read, then add the available parameters to the calibration file ourselves.

That is all I can think of for now.

Chevy366
October 1st, 2007, 01:19 AM
Have i not sent them to you?
No ! Can you send them to me then ?

Rhino79
October 1st, 2007, 06:31 AM
I would like to disable cat converter protection.

ScarabEpic22
October 1st, 2007, 06:35 AM
That too, I want to kill the cat protection too, I can feel when it kicks in after a couple hard launches and it makes my I6 a dog.

Rhino79
October 1st, 2007, 07:07 AM
Yep, or hard freeway runs! Other than that I just need to learn how to tune the VVT!

wait4me
October 1st, 2007, 07:09 AM
The auto ve correction will always work on any controller as long as there is a ve table and the pcm will output commanded air fuel ratios..

keep the ideas comming.

Rhino79
October 1st, 2007, 07:33 AM
Also, some trans ppressure modifier tables, like temp modifiers, just some other things than just base pressure.

ExtTB
October 1st, 2007, 09:39 AM
need to have a real efan option... i have error p1481 can't find it anywhere

Chevy366
October 1st, 2007, 10:21 AM
Anything for P12 , these (P10) guys have had tuning for a while now .
Really getting tired of the BS with the P12 stuff .:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Alvin
October 2nd, 2007, 01:10 AM
Give us an option to remove p1481 !!!

Also, some more fan controls would be nice.

wait4me
October 15th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Is that all that is needed and no other feedback?

Rhino79
October 15th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Thats all I could think of, I just wish I had more insight on tuning the VVT.
Also is there a Fuel mixture Spark table in the background also, becuase my base tables are commanding like 23 in the upper areas and my actual is like 26 or so. I've checked all my modifier and multiplier tables, and have not found anything that would add to the base tables. If there is indeed a fuel mixture timing table, that would be helpful too, I use them all the time on the LS operating systems.

ds8
October 15th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Is there any way to get the case relearn to work for the LL8 and to provide bidirectional controls to alter parameters such as VVT (or any other) in real-time?

wait4me
October 15th, 2007, 12:18 PM
The case relearn works, you just have to use the scan tool and say it is an ls1 when you load it up. I did them all the time. As for the actual break down to add all of this and look for spark tables, the actual code is just an absolute mess and is hard to follow. It takes forever just to track down a single table and identify it and prove it in the test truck to see and make sure what it is we are changing is correct. So far in the list is about 20 things to add, so in a weeks time i should be done i hope.

ScarabEpic22
November 12th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Any progress on updated P10 cals?

wait4me
November 12th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Expect an update in about a week or so. We where at sema and are still catching up. :)

ScarabEpic22
November 12th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Thats what I figured with SEMA and all, cant wait to see it Jesse!

Rhino79
November 12th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks Jessie!

wait4me
November 22nd, 2007, 04:52 AM
[quote=Rhino79] Also is there a Fuel mixture Spark table in the background also, becuase my base tables are commanding like 23 in the upper areas and my actual is like 26 or so. quote]

Those tables are already in there, they are labled as PE mode timing tables. Pe meaning power enrichment.

ScarabEpic22
December 6th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Any news? Im going home in a week and would love to play around with my truck a little more! Thanks!

wait4me
December 7th, 2007, 03:02 AM
2 more days i should be finished.

ScarabEpic22
December 7th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Thanks again Jesse!

ScarabEpic22
December 16th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Sorry to bug ya, but any more news? Thanks!

ExtTB
December 30th, 2007, 05:45 AM
any update with this yet?

will this clear my efan error code p1481 and my cat performance error?

Happy New Year

ScarabEpic22
December 30th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Im okay with waiting, but Id love to see an update this week as Im tuning 2 I6 TBs next weekend and would love to be able to turn off COT...

And I got new tires yesterday, so looks like Im keeping my 02 for a few more years (read Im going to get efans soon and need to kill that pesky P1481!!).

Happy New Year everyone, I still have a day though.

wait4me
January 5th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Ok guys the updates are done, there are 50+ important tables added. The Code is simply a mess in these computers so it takes a very long time to test and verify what is actually being changed. But you should be pretty happy with the end results.. :) It took alot more time than expected cause they are hard to find. As soon as they get approved i will get them posted up.

ExtTB
January 5th, 2008, 08:35 AM
thanks for the work Happy New Year

ScarabEpic22
January 5th, 2008, 12:18 PM
AWESOME! Cant wait to see what we get this time!

And this isnt the first time Ive heard the P10s are written very poorly, so I understand why it takes so long.

ExtTB
January 5th, 2008, 01:02 PM
is there a chance for a diff OS?

skneeland
January 6th, 2008, 05:41 AM
nice
will this update be available on the main EFI page for downloads?

Wasted Income
January 7th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I would love to build a boosted I6 for my '69. Any chance of 2-3 bar support in the future?

ScarabEpic22
January 7th, 2008, 04:41 PM
My guess is no, hopefully when V8 is done and we can make our own .cal files (at least thats what I think Ive heard, please correct me if Im wrong) then Id be more than willing to help you map a 2-3Bar OS!

Wasted Income
January 8th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Sweet!

ScarabEpic22
January 15th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Any updates on getting them approved?

ScarabEpic22
January 23rd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Not trying to bug, but an efan kit is in developement and I know we need to kill the P1481 code...plus killing COT would be very nice too, my I6 is a dog after a few hard stints on the throttle.

Any idea when they might be available, I know Paul is away until next week and thats probably part of it.

pjaneiro
February 11th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Hmm once again, are we poor p10 guys being played ?

I'm still waiting for my p1481 code to be gone, COT and dfco adjustments, i'm getting ticked off.... :mad:

ScarabEpic22
February 11th, 2008, 04:48 PM
DFCO is there already, but I want to kill COT and the P1481. But that might change here in May, might not even need the P10 files but will need the P12 ones...

pjaneiro
February 24th, 2008, 06:23 PM
DFCO is there already, but I want to kill COT and the P1481. But that might change here in May, might not even need the P10 files but will need the P12 ones...

Did you ever find out if we can use the newer pcm's in our 2002's ? i know that on trailvoy you were talking abuot maybe checking the pinouts and having a maf installed to replace the iat sensor....

Also, where can we get a hold of the boys here so we can force them into a dark corner and make them deliver the goods for our p10's ?

I want my codes disabled...

BTW: If any of you were thinking of getting the tune from pcmforless, then using hptuners to disable the p1814 DON'T, hptuners writes over the efilive tune in some of the mem areas as per my understanding...

ScarabEpic22
February 24th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Interesting about HPT overwriting some EFILive code, havent heard that before. must be just how they are cracking the code or something?

As for the first question, Ive looked at it a little more but nothing is going to happen until at least May. Right now my folks aren't willing to give me my TB back so Im not sure if I will get a chance to do it and not sure I want to spend more time if Im going to sell my mods and buy an 08 TB SS instead...

ScarabEpic22
March 3rd, 2008, 08:06 AM
OK guys, Jesse's said the new .cals have been ready for 2 months now. Any update as to when we as end users can get them? Im going home this friday and really want to be able to pull the COT and do a couple other things...

And I talked to HPT, for the P10 they have a Diagnostic Parameter that deals with what RPM the P0068 code comes into play...whats your opinion on this? I think we can kill the param that lets the test run but they have an RPM setting and I dont know whats up with that...

I just want to be able to make my TB faster! Arrggghhh

wait4me
March 3rd, 2008, 11:36 AM
They should be in the next update, but email if you would like, and i will get you the files you need. It has all the stuff you need.

ScarabEpic22
March 3rd, 2008, 12:16 PM
They should be in the next update, but email if you would like, and i will get you the files you need. It has all the stuff you need.

PLEASE!! Sending an email now!

Thanks a ton Jesse!!!:cheers: :master:

Edit:
Where should I sent it? No email addy in your profile, only one I can find is hannahbubb AT yahoo.com for payments...

wait4me
March 3rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
jessebubb@yahoo.com

ScarabEpic22
March 3rd, 2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks man, email sent!

ExtTB
March 10th, 2008, 03:38 PM
so do we have an efi update for the P10?

ScarabEpic22
April 17th, 2008, 12:26 PM
The update's in the latest release of the software.

Also, today with v7.5.4 and the latest BBL firmware I couldnt do a CASE on a P10 I6. Went so far as to reinstall 7.5.3 and try, no luck. Any idea when DVTs will be available for the P10???

ScarabEpic22
May 4th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I need to do a CASE for another P10 soon, any update as to when it will be available? Im using the BBL beta fw so I cant use the LS1 controller BiDis to make it work with 7.5.3...

s10mods
September 1st, 2008, 11:53 AM
any updates for ETC control?

ScarabEpic22
September 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM
What do you want for ETC control?

And I really need the CASE relearn implemented for the P10, have about 5 guys who want me to do it for them and have to keep turning them away. And COT would be really nice too...

pjaneiro
September 1st, 2008, 01:27 PM
well the same support for most other gm platforms would be nice....

we can't do half the stuff most other guys can with their pcms...

pjaneiro
September 1st, 2008, 01:27 PM
also a validation that the tunes have been really "burned" in,

s10mods
September 1st, 2008, 09:47 PM
the ability to make it more resopnsive would be nice. I am used to driving cable driven TB vehicles and it's nice to be able to snap the throttle and actually feel it do something.

ScarabEpic22
September 2nd, 2008, 07:24 AM
the ability to make it more resopnsive would be nice. I am used to driving cable driven TB vehicles and it's nice to be able to snap the throttle and actually feel it do something.

Thats in the Torque Management sections, just start pulling it out and feel the difference. I run with 0 TM in the engine and trans and it takes off a lot harder. Plus change the idle spark and the spark tables so they are close together, my stock tune had these values a good 4-6 degrees different and it would bog a hair going WOT from a stop.

blandmiller
October 31st, 2008, 03:37 AM
Erik, is there any plan for EFILive to implement the crank (CASE) re-learn? I have to replace my PCM due to an output being dead and really don't want to have to take it to the dealership.

By the way, I finally lost the sunshell in the tranny. Luckily it just stripped the splines and did not grenade the entire tranny. The rebuilder installed an upgraded aftermarket hardened sunshell set and it shifts very nice now. I'm glad GM builds the 4L60E with parts that give no warning before they completely fail.....

pjaneiro
October 31st, 2008, 03:40 AM
I now have a new request.....testing with all the OS's prior to shipping out the software...

a few of us here have some serious issues with the new cals and software releases

ScarabEpic22
October 31st, 2008, 09:06 AM
I wish I knew about the CASE support, I still need it EFILive... I might try using an older version of the software like 7.5.3 and seeing if you can make it work then. Im waiting for my laptop to be fixed soon or be totaled out so insurance can get me a new one and have all my EFILive software packages on my hard drive. If that doesnt work then its back to the dealer or at least a shop with a high end scan tool (like the Snap-on ones).

Sounds like you got lucky with your trans not taking the whole thing out. Im slightly worried my trans might be headed down that path soon, got 97K on it and I beat the crap out of it daily (with 0 shift times, 0 TM, etc).

COT anytime guys?

goldbergv95
March 4th, 2009, 02:52 PM
how about changes on the fuel gauge, able to change from 18 gals to 22 gals?

pjaneiro
March 4th, 2009, 04:52 PM
how about changes on the fuel gauge, able to change from 18 gals to 22 gals?

That is done automatically, the gauge receives the signal from the float in the gas tank, so if you do change the tank, teh float will register it

goldbergv95
March 4th, 2009, 05:23 PM
That is done automatically, the gauge receives the signal from the float in the gas tank, so if you do change the tank, teh float will register it

you mean the fuel pump sender? We just swap in a 22gal tank using the 18 gal sender. didnt changed. But now just installed the 22 gal sender. I will see what is the result.

If problem not solved then its either the pcm or the bcm.

ScarabEpic22
September 10th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Holy dead thread batman but has any update ever come to light about COT protection? If I could get 1 more parameter for the P10s it would be this, pretty sure my cat's almost clogged and I want to turn COT off when I cut it out.

Chevy366
September 11th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Erik , I would love to have a couple of settings for the P12 as well , but I think these are forgotten PCMs .
I can't adjust idle with A/C on , can do idle without and in gear but need the A/C table .
Plus some tables for the Clutch Fan would be nice as well .

ScarabEpic22
September 11th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I just looked at the 2 P12 cals I have, they have a lot more tables than I remembered...enough to get it off the ground. I cant adjust idle with AC on/off in the P10 either, it'd be nice but again Ill get over it.

And yep, they're definitely forgotten PCMs, the E67/E38s and LBZ/LMMs are the focus now.

Chevy366
September 16th, 2009, 10:39 AM
I just looked at the 2 P12 cals I have, they have a lot more tables than I remembered...enough to get it off the ground. I cant adjust idle with AC on/off in the P10 either, it'd be nice but again Ill get over it.

And yep, they're definitely forgotten PCMs, the E67/E38s and LBZ/LMMs are the focus now.

Bummer , the P10s as well , would love to have the idle for A/C adjustment , and the fan clutch parameters .
Maybe Jesse , Paul or Ross will see these post and help us out here . :grin:

ScarabEpic22
September 16th, 2009, 01:31 PM
The fan clutch for P10s is actually mapped quite well IMO, Id like any other Camshaft and to kill COT, other than that Im not really sure what else the P10 has to offer. Unlike the P12 that has 5 different VE tables for different cam positions!! Didnt know that before a few days ago, the first time I opened a TB file a few years ago there definitely were not 5 VE tables haha.

The P12s need more efans related stuff I think, and yes A/C engagement in gear would be nice for both the P10/P12, I paid attention to it yesterday and its a big dip in rpms.

goldbergv95
September 19th, 2009, 04:47 AM
the biggest problem i like to see solved is getting the efilive program to actually turn off the engine codes that pop up when already selected to turn off.

p0757 still shows up