PDA

View Full Version : Newb checking in!

Kevin Doe
October 1st, 2007, 12:42 AM
Hey guys, my name is Kevin and I'm new here, and new to EFI Live. I purchased V2 flash and tune. I'm from Cincinnati, OH. I have a 1993 RX-7 that I swapped a LS1/T56/Cobra diff into. Its been being built for the last 10 months in my garage by myself. I fabricated everything myself and I'm proud to say that. At this point, I'm ready to start the car up and get it running.

A rundown of my engine modifications is as follows. MS4 cam with supporting mods, 1 7/8" long tube headers, 3" true dual exhaust through an X-pipe, Dual 3.5" exhaust, ported and shimmed LS6 pump, ARP rod bolts, LS6 manifold (stock for GTOs). I have no MAF, because of the 3.5" dual intake, and because I thought it would run better with the large cam on speed density. I've tuned many cars, some by direct editing of the HEX code (DSMs), a few EVOs with ECUflash, and a standalone called Performance Electronics. I'm not totally new to tuning, just new to GM PCM tuning. I think I'll pick it up quick, or so I hope!

I have a thread in the COS section right now about what I can use for my GTO PCM, please check ti out if you get a chance.

Here is a link to the build thread of my car. It is EXTREMELY long, and very detailed (40+ pages). Hundreds upon hundreds of pictures of nearly every detail of my build.
http://www.v8rx7forum.com/v8-rx7-technical/40258-ls1-fd-progress-not-using-kit-56k-no.html

joecar
October 1st, 2007, 03:17 AM
Kevin,

Welcome to the forum... :cheers:

Nice job, nice welds, nice rims, nice doggie... :cheers:

Curse that can of brake kleen... :bash:

You may want to have a read of the Auto VE tutorial: http://www.efilive.com/download.aspx#downloads7

Kevin Doe
October 1st, 2007, 03:18 AM
Nice, you must have actually looked through the entire thread. Impressive. I figured most people would lose interest after page 5 or so. LOL.

Thanks. Now to get this tuning up and running and I'll be all set.

joecar
October 1st, 2007, 03:28 AM
I looked at all the pics... :D