PDA

View Full Version : adapter to use LC-1 serial output

stigmundfreud
October 2nd, 2007, 12:30 AM
been logging in both log works and EFI to compare the AFR's and I got to thinking is there a way of using the serial output from the LC-1 to connect to the v2 scan tool? It would make life so much easier with regards to cabling etc.

Or maybe a way to bypass the scan tool AD input and bridge via a laptop to get the log works data into the scan tool that way...

Chevy366
October 2nd, 2007, 02:08 AM
The V2 has such a cable , but does not work , kind of like a lot of things the V2 is suppose to do but doesn't .

stigmundfreud
October 2nd, 2007, 02:29 AM
really? I didnt see anything other than a serial connector that seems to plug in where the odbii cable would. Is that it? If so what use would it be if you're unable to connect the scan tool to the odbii port?

Chevy366
October 2nd, 2007, 02:49 AM
Mine came with a "Serial to RJ-45" cable the serial connects to the LC-1 and the RJ-45 to the V2 , I guess when the firmware is implemented the V2 will accept digital signal from the LC-1 .

joecar
October 2nd, 2007, 03:35 AM
Post #7: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=5334

stigmundfreud
October 2nd, 2007, 05:12 AM
without even reading i had another look and saw my mistkake, i confused the two connectors and see there is an rs232 port there...

cant wait for that update as it will be a lot better as its coming direct from the controller (less things in the way :D)

Chevy366
October 2nd, 2007, 06:19 AM
If only , digital much cleaner than analog , one of these days .

stigmundfreud
October 2nd, 2007, 08:15 AM
well thankfully i no longer have to worry - my lc-1 has possibly failed, keep getting error 8 with a synch time problem. Just waiting for gas to fully disperse then try a heater resync

Chevy366
October 3rd, 2007, 01:23 AM
Oh crap the dreaded "error 8" , most of the time that means a new unit , not the sensor .
LC-1 is a great wide-band , but have to be careful and not touch the brown and yellow wires together or poof no controller .
Wish you luck .

GM

stigmundfreud
October 3rd, 2007, 01:57 AM
hmm the wiring hasnt shorted together at any point it just happend all of a sudden the other night, then it was ok the next day, then it did it again. I did a heater recalibration this morning by unplugging the sensor from the controller. What I have noticed is it takes (and has for a long time) taken ages and ages to warm up (unless the engine is on)

of course I cannot recalibrate the heater when the engine is on as it will fubar the air calibration... any ideas?

joecar
October 3rd, 2007, 03:20 AM
Error 8 could also mean the sensor was overheating...

It may or may not be ok now.

Chevy366
October 3rd, 2007, 08:44 AM
I would contact Innovate and see if they would send me a new unit , sounds like that one has been odd from the first .
Mine warms up in about 15 to 20 seconds engine on or off , goes to about 68 to 75% during calibration and O2 sensing kicks in .
Maybe not enough 12 volt power for the heater to work correctly ?

joecar
October 3rd, 2007, 09:55 AM
Measure the voltage across red/blue wires when powered up, has to be better than 12.4V or it won't work right.

If voltage is ok, then might want ot try a replacement sensor, and if still no good then may have to get Innovate to fix the controller.

stigmundfreud
October 3rd, 2007, 09:59 AM
joe thats a plan BUT its england, its pissing down outside and its cold brrrr. I recalibrated the heater circuit but the controller wasnt playing. However after pressing the reset button in logworks programmer it recalibrated then registered timing fault eventually. I switched off. Started car and measured logworks. 14.7 stable then haywire.

I looked back to yesterday and what was different? I had applied an autove tune with a hsv map not my own one doh. So I am thinking dumping too much fuel causing it to switch out too much. Reapplied my last known good ve tune and it seemed ok. Constant light, afr close to what I used to read.... metripack connectors to be ordered do I can move all the wiring inside the car properly.

thanks all, wish me luck!