PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming features of the V2... question

Goldfinger911
October 2nd, 2007, 05:07 AM
I have read all the threads on the blackbox logging and the V8 EFIlive framework etc. I was wondering if in that release/prerelease of V8 and the corresponding firmware for the V2, will we be able to chose and monitor OBD2 metrics, like a lot of the other readers out there can? (DashHawk, Interceptor gauge, etc) I saw the video of the BBL working, and thats what it looked like. However I didnt know if that was reading back logged data or realtime data?

If there is another thread on this and I missed it, let me know :)

Thanks in advance.

joecar
October 2nd, 2007, 06:29 AM
You mean display of real time data and OBD-II readiness tests... I believe Paul is including those.

Goldfinger911
October 2nd, 2007, 07:05 PM
I dont know about tests... but for example, be able to have the V2 on while driving and scroll through data like, current ign timing, water temp, injector duty, etc. The types of data that products like the MSD DashHawk and the Interceptor Gauge can monitor in real time. I would think that it shouldnt be too hard to do seeing as how it takes the stream while logging anyway?

Like this: http://www.msdignition.com/new_products/dashhawk.html
Not even 4 metrics at one, just two.. or even just one.

This sounds like what you described. If so, that is going to be awesome. :)

Garry
October 2nd, 2007, 07:34 PM
The menu already has something in there IIRC where you can display up to 12(?) PIDs continuously ... (I think it was selectable 4/8/12) Once it's in the Firmware (!), would be cool if it even allowed for calculated PIDs, but I think that would be pushing it a bit far ;)

Blacky
October 5th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Yes, you will be able to display up to 8 parameters simultaneously in real time while data logging on FlashScan V2.

We may be able to squeeze in 16 but it is not really useful to see 16 parms at once - you can't read them all simultaneously. I have found it is better to group them into two groups of 8 or even 4 groups of 4 and select which group you wish to display at any one time.

You can change between groups using the up/down arrow keys.

Due to a much smaller screen size, AuotCal will show 1 parameter at a time. But using up/down arrow keys you can change between displaying any of the selected parameters.

Regards
Paul

Goldfinger911
October 8th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Nice! Any chances that you need a Beta tester for this new firmware feature? If so, I am you man.
Thanks.