PDA

View Full Version : Pre release 7.5.1

Gelf VXR
October 2nd, 2007, 04:40 PM
There is no mention of BB logging or LC-1 to serial port implimentation in the readme file? I thought this was to be included in this update?

Tordne
October 2nd, 2007, 05:20 PM
The 7.5.x update includes the Virtual VE update. The other updates will be in the form of firmware updates for the FlashScan V2.

Just as an FYI (and not to start another thread), but Black Box logging has just started being beta tested on the AutoCal hardware. This will then be ported to the FlashScan V2.

2002_z28_six_speed
October 2nd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Just installed but haven't tested.

Has the DFCO bit been id'ed yet? Someone on this fourm said something about it existing but not ID'ed.

joecar
October 2nd, 2007, 08:08 PM
Just installed but haven't tested.

Has the DFCO bit been id'ed yet? Someone on this fourm said something about it existing but not ID'ed.GM.STATE05... I see it there but haven't read it yet.

Garry
October 3rd, 2007, 12:31 AM
Is the any chance that both scan & flash will uniformly use locale settings or not? Scan 7.5.1 still uses locale settings, whereas Flash still doesn't ... :(
If it's to hard to get it into Flash, can't you just disable it in the Scan tune?

Bruce Melton
October 3rd, 2007, 04:29 AM
Is the any chance that both scan & flash will uniformly use locale settings or not? Scan 7.5.1 still uses locale settings, whereas Flash still doesn't ... :(
If it's to hard to get it into Flash, can't you just disable it in the Scan tune?

Don't understand what you are saying, but wish I did cause I think it relates to switching back and forth between Scan and Tune???:help2:

Garry
October 3rd, 2007, 04:55 AM
yes and no ...

If EFILive is running on a non-US PC (i.e., one that has a locale that uses "," as a decimal delimiter), Scan will use it for fractional numbers, e.g. "14,63". Flash tool, in contrast, doesn't honor this, using "14.63" no matter what the locale setting ...

Up to that point, it isn't a real problem - until you start doing some tuning, copying data from Scan to Flash (e.g. during AutoVE tuning). The multiply will fail, as the copied data with the "," doesn't work with the "." in Flash ...

I reported this problem quite some time ago (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3054) ...

Bruce Melton
October 3rd, 2007, 06:30 AM
Aaah, well, ok

Blacky
October 3rd, 2007, 10:17 AM
Hi Garry,

I'll look into it again, but last time (if I recall correctly) I could not make it fail the way you described. Can you tell me exactly which non-US locale you have selected?

Or is it just any locale that uses "," for decimal placeholder?

Regards
Paul

yes and no ...

If EFILive is running on a non-US PC (i.e., one that has a locale that uses "," as a decimal delimiter), Scan will use it for fractional numbers, e.g. "14,63". Flash tool, in contrast, doesn't honor this, using "14.63" no matter what the locale setting ...

Up to that point, it isn't a real problem - until you start doing some tuning, copying data from Scan to Flash (e.g. during AutoVE tuning). The multiply will fail, as the copied data with the "," doesn't work with the "." in Flash ...

I reported this problem quite some time ago (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3054) ...

Garry
October 3rd, 2007, 04:38 PM
I reckon any ","-locale should do ...

2002_z28_six_speed
October 4th, 2007, 08:22 PM
GM.STATE05... I see it there but haven't read it yet.

Can't use it for a filter though. I don't get why not.

I guess you would have to try and make a calc PID with an if statement. Use the output of that to use the DFCO bit in a filter.

Blacky
October 4th, 2007, 08:54 PM
I'm pretty sure we have logged that PID and the DFCO bit does not change when the PCM goes into DFCO - for LS1's anyway.

We have yet to find another PID that provides DFCO state.

Regards
Paul

joecar
October 4th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Off top of my head, you need this: IFF(RAW({GM.STATE05}) & 128,1,0)

Like Paul said, it seems the PCM does not correctly set this bit.

And I'm wondering if 128 is correct or if it should be 1.