PDA

View Full Version : Best Dash contest deadline over.

wait4me
June 19th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Ok guys, how many contest entrys are there? If everyone agrees, then ill just send over the two license upgrades to Blacky02.. :) If there are some other competitors out there then ill put up the poll over at ls1tech for everyone to vote on the best dash.
Tell me what you guys think, And Ill do what is needed :) Jes

Black02SS
June 19th, 2005, 12:46 PM
I like that idea!! But seriously, I would love to see other dash's if anyone has any. I think this is one of the many selling features of live that makes it even better then what others have to offer. The ideas on endless.

SS2win
June 19th, 2005, 11:24 PM
why dont u post the pics and do a poll

wait4me
June 20th, 2005, 01:38 AM
I didnt get any pics sent to me,
the only ones i saw are the ones in that contest thread

we need to collect them all and then do the poll, but we need them all first. so everyone just post there final picture in this thread and in 24 hours ill make the post on ls1tech for people to vote. :) Jes

jsttry
June 20th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Is he the only one that entered? I can see only 2 other posts with screen shots. Seems like everyone else got scared off after seeing the first couple...very nice :!:

dbaxter_ss
June 20th, 2005, 03:48 AM
WAIT
I wanted to get mine in, been out for the last week house hunting
I will submit mine before the deadline.

joecar
June 20th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Here's my attempt (yes, the first several images intimidated me, so my strategy is to go for a non-distracting functional style dash... :roll: :lol:

joecar
June 20th, 2005, 05:26 PM
...I'm in the right place, am I or not...?

Black02SS
June 20th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Yup

Tordne
June 20th, 2005, 07:31 PM
I've gone with a functional dash also...

Tydriver
June 21st, 2005, 09:43 PM
Wonder if the EFILive guys would be willing to incorporate/package any of these with the next version of EFILive.. Alternative to the basic dash thats there now.

Theres some very nice examples here, and I have a hard time leaving anything stock (including my scan/tuning tool :wink: )

GMPX
June 22nd, 2005, 12:46 PM
Actually, a download area just for dashes would also be good too, hang on, I'm not supposed to be suggesting these things, I'm supposed to be doing them!!.

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
June 22nd, 2005, 02:57 PM
Ross, do you think we could get a download area for things like dashes, maps, etc?? ;)

GMPX
June 22nd, 2005, 03:11 PM
Would make sense to have all that, umm, over to you Paul :)

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
June 22nd, 2005, 03:15 PM
PS. Did I miss the poll on this?? :lol:

Blacky
June 22nd, 2005, 08:57 PM
Wonder if the EFILive guys would be willing to incorporate/package any of these with the next version of EFILive.. Alternative to the basic dash thats there now.

Theres some very nice examples here, and I have a hard time leaving anything stock (including my scan/tuning tool :wink: )

If a dashboard supports metric and Imperial correctly, then we can add it the EFILive distribution. To support metric and imperial (correctly) requires using the latest V7.2.3 pre-release 003 - which isn't released yet.
So... once it is released, follow these instructions on how to "package" a dashboard so that it "integrates" well with the EFILive Scan Tool.

Basically you will need to do the following:

1. Select the PIDs that will be displayed on the dashboard - the PID selection MUST be limited to 36 channels or less - preferrably 24 or less. The PID file forms part of the dashboard configuration. For the following explanation, assume the pid file name is DynoSD.pid (for Dyno Speed Density).

Always include the following PIDs in the PID selection: {EXT.AD1}, {EXT.AD2}, {EXT.TEMP}. They do not use up any channels and will not slow down the logging process. If they are always logged, then you will never get to the end of a log and think - I should have logged the external PIDs in that run.
TIP: You can add/remove calculated PIDs (i.e. calculated PIDs that get their value from the external A/D PIDs) even after a log file is completed, you just can't add/remove data PIDs in an existing log file.

2. Create a dashboard called DynoSD Metric.vdb

3. It will have three dash pages called:
DynoSD Metric_A.vdp
DynoSD Metric_B.vdp
DynoSD Metric_C.vdp

4. All metric gauges will be saved in the folder called DynoSD

5. Create a second dashboard called DynoSD Imperial.vdb

6. It will have three dash pages called:
DynoSD Imperial_A.vdp
DynoSD Imperial_B.vdp
DynoSD Imperial_C.vdp

7. All imperial gauges will also be saved in the folder called DynoSD.

In V7.2.3 pre-release 003, when you open the PID file DynoSD.pid, EFILive checks the setting of Properties->Options->Preferred unit system. If it is set to Imperial, then the DynoSD Imperial.vdb dashboard will be loaded. If it is set to Metric, then the DynoSD Metric.vdb dashboard will be loaded.

Regards
Paul

wait4me
June 23rd, 2005, 07:50 PM
Sorry for the delays in posts. I have been Unbelivably Busy this last couple of weeks and cant even find time to breathe, Im going to pay for the licenses tommarrow morning, Then paul can transfer the licenses over to the winner. If someone can start the post over on ls1tech for the poll, and then everyone that wants to be in on it, So the can be voted on. The winner takes all :) I just dont have time to do it myself and hunt down all the cool dashes. "They are all really cool"

The Deadlines are kinda all out of whack, The poll should have been going on all week, but i wasnt getting on the ball for setting up the thread for the entrys... Sorry guys,
You get to pick how long for the poll to last, And Paul will have the 2 Licenses to give to someone. Thanks alot Guys, Jes

dbaxter_ss
June 24th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Tuning Section?

joecar
June 25th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Tordne,
Are you and I the only dash entries (that's all I see posted)...?
Three cheers for our functional dashes... :D :D :D
I sent you a reply to your pm.
Hey mate, nice work on holdencrazy.com (collection of tunes).
Cheers,
Joe

dbaxter_ss
June 25th, 2005, 06:48 AM
no, I posted mine over in the other dash thread

Tordne
June 25th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Tordne,
Are you and I the only dash entries (that's all I see posted)...?
Three cheers for our functional dashes... :D :D :D

I've just been having a look around because I didn't believe it. But as 'dbaxter_ss' says, there were a few posted in the original thread (where we were both to ashamed to post functional dashes :oops:) There were a couple of nice ones, from 'black02ss'... I think I will be buying my own licenses :D :D.

Hey mate, nice work on holdencrazy.com (collection of tunes).

Thanks very much for that, it has been running for a while now (basically set it up when I bought FlashScan). I have actually had about 3 or 4 people submit tunes that were missing, so that is quite cool.

joecar
June 25th, 2005, 03:00 PM
...But as 'dbaxter_ss' says, there were a few posted in the original thread (where we were both to ashamed to post functional dashes :oops:) There were a couple of nice ones, from 'black02ss'... I think I will be buying my own licenses :D :D.

Yes, they were very nice... I'll be buying my own licenses also... :D :lol:
I am still ashamed of my dash, but like yours it is to the point and laid out for quick glancing at (..."functional"...).