PDA

View Full Version : C6 A/C not Disabling Under WOT

5 Liter Eater
October 4th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Hi guys,

I run HPT 2.2 to tune my '05 C6. There is something that does not seem to work on my car as well as others with the same PCM (E40) ala '05 and '06 GTO's. Not sure if it affects the latter LS2 PCM's. I'm trying to figure out if it is a bug in HPT or the GM OS.

In HPT, much like EFILive, there are parameters for turning off the AC compressor when a cetain RPM and/or TPS is reached. I've tried all sorts of values for these parameters and log the AC compressor and AC compressor disable status bits and these parameters seem to have no effect.

So my question is: Can anyone tuning a similar vechicle with EFILive confirm whether this works or not for them?

:cheers:

5 Liter Eater
October 10th, 2007, 01:22 AM
Anyone? Bueler?

5 Liter Eater
December 5th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Man, there is like zero help over here. Glad I have HPT.

ScarabEpic22
December 5th, 2007, 05:19 AM
Sorry man, I dont have a car to test it on. That is an interesting problem, and I know what parameters you are talking about but my truck is a completely PCM, different OS, and would do you no good to know about in regard to your problem (except that these params do affect when it kills the AC compressor).

joecar
December 5th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Man, there is like zero help over here. Glad I have HPT.Please do look at all the other threads on this forum... can you honestly say that...?

5 Liter Eater
December 7th, 2007, 03:28 AM
Yes, I honestly can. There are way more threads about way more topics with way more discussion over on HPT. I honestly think that EFI has a better product where gen 4 PCM's are concerned but the help on the HPT forums is second to none.

joecar
December 7th, 2007, 06:10 AM
EFILive does have fewer customers than HPT, so there are fewer forum members... it's the forum members that help each other, even on the HPT forums... the help is proportional to the customer base.

:-|

Hopefully someone with an E40 will try your experiment and post an answer.

Cheers
Joe
:cheers:

Blacky
December 7th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Man, there is like zero help over here. Glad I have HPT.

May I just point out the bleeding obvious for a minute. This forum is specifically for the benefit of EFILive users. It is not a general EFI tuning help forum. If you have a problem with your HPT product I highly recommend getting help from the HPT forum or from HPT support.

That said, if any EFILive users can answer your question they will. Just because there are no EFILive users that have seen the same problem you are seeing does not mean they don't want to help. It just means no one has an answer for you - yet.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
December 7th, 2007, 07:34 AM
In HPT, much like EFILive, there are parameters for turning off the AC compressor when a cetain RPM and/or TPS is reached. I've tried all sorts of values for these parameters and log the AC compressor and AC compressor disable status bits and these parameters seem to have no effect.

What did HPT say in response to you logging this problem as a support issue?

Regards
Paul

joecar
December 7th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Hopefully someone with an E40 will try your experiment and post an answer.Of course, no one may be willing to help you after you made your comment.

:nixweiss:

GMPX
December 7th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Yes, I honestly can. There are way more threads about way more topics with way more discussion over on HPT. I honestly think that EFI has a better product where gen 4 PCM's are concerned but the help on the HPT forums is second to none.

You may not realise but EFILive has a network of resellers who offer phone support to our customers, this is why the post count might seem lower here, most guys can (and do) just pick up the phone and call somebody, this forum is more for general discussion, update announcements, it is not our frontline (or only method) of customer support.

I know in the EFILive software there is some timers associated with the A/C disable / renable. Have you altered those yet? If I recall correctly there is a one minute timer to disable the A/C on the 2nd disable attempt.

Cheers,
Ross

5 Liter Eater
December 8th, 2007, 04:07 AM
You got me there. I had no idea about the phone support. Even for general tuning questions or just tech support for the product?

I use the demo of EFI to double check PID descriptions and to see whether other parameters are available. In this case, EFI shows those timers whereas HPT does not. These are just timers for how long it stays disabled though, the AC doesn't seem to be cutting out at all. The status bits for AC clutch and AC clutch WOT never change. Chris (from HPT) says the fields don't work like you would think, that you need to be below both RPM thresholds for the TPS threshold to work but no combination of RPMs or TPS settings seem to work.

Again, I'm certainly not looking for my HPT problem to be solved here. I just thought it would be nice to know whether this is funciton didn't work in EFI either. If it didn't this would indicate either a bug in the GM OS or an error in the way that HPT and/or EFI engineers interpret the AC disable settings and maybe it could benefit both companies.

Sorry to have flown off the handle. :cheers: