PDA

View Full Version : FRP/MM3 table - I'm confused

Cougar281
October 4th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Ok, I think I figured out the "link scan to tune" feature. I was logging data, and playing with a tune table, and saw a "grey" box jumping around the table like a jack russel terrier, and was like http://picam.modularmn12.us:81/smilies/idea.gif THAT'S how that works!

Anyway, I decided to take a look at A4105 - Main Injection Pulse, and it has me confused. The columns are fuel rail pressure in MPa, right? And the rows are mm3 injected at that FRP, right? Well, that grey box never leaves the 190MPa column. It just bounces around in there, even if the FRP (desired AND actual) are at ore near 30MPa (for example). Am I missing something here? :help2:

JoshH
October 4th, 2007, 07:41 PM
You need to make sure your PID is selected as metric and is reading as MPa and not PSI or kPa.

Cougar281
October 5th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Thanks Josh, that was the answer. I thought I HAD been logging in metric, but apparently, only speed was, and the dashboard was displaying in Metric. changed the deiplay units to Metric in the PID list and now it appears to work right!

JoshH
October 5th, 2007, 02:58 AM
Glad I could help.

rcr1978
October 25th, 2007, 01:07 AM
I can't seem to get this to work on my LMM. Works just fine on the LB7 anybody else having issues with this on LMM?

JoshH
October 25th, 2007, 03:10 AM
If I remember right, on my truck I had to go into the sae PID file and change the units for actual fuel rail pressure from kPa to MPa. The metric units for actual fuel rail in the stock PID list don't allow you to select MPa. If you need to know how to modify the PID I can try to explain that too.

rcr1978
November 11th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Josh, could you explain how to do this I tried changing it in the file called Pid_SAE.FRP under the configuration file.

Thanks
Robert

JoshH
December 26th, 2007, 04:46 AM
I'm sorry Robert, I just saw this.

The first thing you need to do is go to Program Files->EFILive->V7->Configuration and open text document sae_generic.

Then click "Edit" and "Find..." (or hit Ctrl+F) and type SAE.FRP_C in the search window.

There should be several columns of data labeled Paramater, PRN, SLOT, Units, etc.

Under units you will need to change "kPa" to "MPa".

You will then need to search for the SLOT number. On mine it is UNM-16-908. On mine it is also above where you just were so in the direction part of the search window you will need to select Up.

When you find the SLOT you will see kPa and psi. Once again change "kPa" to "MPa".

I then changed the column labeled "Factor" from "10.0" to ".01". That should get you fixed up.