PDA

View Full Version : Knock Retard

esco35m
October 6th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I did an AutoVE run today and got knock retard during the run. I know that having too much timing or being to lean. Should I start out by removing a little bit of timing first since the AFR was fine.

5.7ute
October 7th, 2007, 03:41 PM
How much Knock retard were you seeing?
I didnt take much notice of any light KR until my VE table was dialled in fully, especially since the VE table is part of the airmass calculation for timing. I just filtered out any KR from my logs in case it gave a inaccurate wideband reading.

DaddySS
October 7th, 2007, 10:19 PM
It depends how much KR and where, if it is not in areas that would normally be covered by PE and, if the AFR was fine then you will want to remove some timing since that is where you'll want to be with the final tune anyway.

esco35m
October 8th, 2007, 03:24 AM
I will try to post up picks of my log shortly.

esco35m
October 8th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Update I have the posted my tune and scan files this tread http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6380

DaddySS
October 8th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Your AFR is not lean and you are below the 4000 rpm mark where the maf takes over so I would pull timing in those areas. Note that it is occurring at the transitions so you'll also want to look at your power enrichment once you get the VEs done.