PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble communicating with 07tbss

Stoichiometric
October 7th, 2007, 12:43 PM
I am getting an unrecognized pcm message when I read the pcm on my dad's 07 tbss. It should be an e38 correct?

I downloaded the latest updates, but I am not sure if I installed them correctly. Is there a step by step tutorial floating around for installing updates for dummies?

I also updated the V2 firmware to the latest (I think it ends in .65?).

The OS is 12611938 and the calibration is 12611937.

Thank you for any tips and sorry if this is a redundant post.
Henry

ScarabEpic22
October 7th, 2007, 01:02 PM
If you have the latest software and V2 firmware, I dont see why it shouldnt work... Yep its an E38 ECM and T42 TCM.

Download the latest release of 7.4.2, then grab the 7.5.1 thread at the top of the forum and follow the directions to a 't'. Worked for me, and now Im running 7.5.1, and got some changes to my LL8 cal!

Unrecognized ECM huh, maybe the .cal isnt there for this OS? I just checked in my Calibrations folder in Program Files and that cal isnt in there. You need to email it to the email address the error message states, I think its support AT efilive.com

Stoichiometric
October 12th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Thank you for the help. I downloaded the latest update, updated the firmware on the V2, then got the cal file through e-mail. Up and running now.

ScarabEpic22
October 12th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Awesome man, too bad you arent in the Seattle, WA area as there is a TrailBlazer meet tomorrow that Im going to. Been working on my tune for the last 3 hours perfecting it and getting rid of the little areas of KR in it! Its the fastest its ever been right now, which is a good thing.