PDA

View Full Version : What do you think? (ctrl) Function

Black02SS
June 19th, 2005, 06:18 PM
I was working on a tune tonight and thought of something that I feel would be pretty useful. I was smoothing a ve table and wanted to only select certain cells to be highlighted. I tried to use ctrl and individually select certain cells but it wouldn't allow me to. How useful do you guys think this would be? Blacky/GMPX, is this something simple that could be added or not?

Thanks,
Chad

technical
June 20th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Wouldn't that make it difficult to smooth non-contiguous regions of data?

Dirk Diggler
June 20th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Nope it sure wouldnt. The smoothing feture will take car of part of it and the pcm will interpolate the other part and be closer the next time around.

I would love this feature also as sometimes there are cells that I would rather not take even after filtering and hiding empty cells

Blacky
June 20th, 2005, 09:14 AM
I was working on a tune tonight and thought of something that I feel would be pretty useful. I was smoothing a ve table and wanted to only select certain cells to be highlighted. I tried to use ctrl and individually select certain cells but it wouldn't allow me to. How useful do you guys think this would be? Blacky/GMPX, is this something simple that could be added or not?

Thanks,
Chad

Thought about it when I first wrote the code. Didn't think it was useful so didn't include it.
I've put it on the list of "things to do when I run out of other things to do" :?
Maybe after your comments it may get escalated.

Regards
Paul

GMPX
June 20th, 2005, 11:42 AM
I've tried doing it a few times just out of habit from using ctrl to highlight individual 'things' in other windows programs, I can see a use for it, esp on some of the messy factory spark maps.

Cheers,
Ross

technical
June 20th, 2005, 03:40 PM
So it would be like smoothing multiple sections relative to their region all at once...

Black02SS
June 20th, 2005, 04:05 PM
What the function would allow is for you to individually select the cell that you wanted to smoothe rather then be limited to a square/rectangle area. Make sense? Like in excel you can select different boxes that aren't next to each other by pressing the ctrl and then left click.

technical
June 21st, 2005, 05:41 AM
I understand the selection part. What was confusing was the actual smoothing of the non-contiguous area(s). I was thinking, at first, that you wanted to be able to smooth those areas in relation to each other even though they might be at different ends of the spectrum vs. smoothing each section relative to its own region. I thought man, that would screw the pooch something awful.

BowlingSS
August 12th, 2005, 10:02 AM

Thanks,
Chad

Thought about it when I first wrote the code. Didn't think it was useful so didn't include it.
I've put it on the list of "things to do when I run out of other things to do" :?
Maybe after your comments it may get escalated.

Regards
Paul

I think this is a great ides. How far down the list is it?
Bill

Blacky
August 12th, 2005, 10:18 AM
It's not a priority right now.
To implement it would require major changes to the cell "selection" code. Currently the selection is stored as two coordinates (top/left and bottom/right). Changing to multiple arbitrary selections would require a flag to be placed in each cell indicating whether it was selected or not. That means ALL code that operates on selected cells would need to be changed to recognise the new cell selected flag instead of the coordinate pairs.
Not technical difficult, just a very invasive change that will require careful implementation and testing.
Because we are so close to releasing the next version it is not something that will make it into this version.

Regards
Paul

Highlander
August 12th, 2005, 10:45 AM
I wanted to do this for pasting the ben factor tables into the ve table .. :(

Blacky
August 12th, 2005, 10:48 AM
What you can do, is open up a second copy of EFILive Tuning Tool (with a dummy *.tun file). Then clear the dummy tune's VE table (set all cells to zero). Paste the values from the Scan Tool maps into the cleared VE table and manually alter any cells (zero cells) you need/want to. Then re-copy the edited data fromt he dummy VE table to the clipboard and then paste into the real VE table in the original Tuning Tool instance.

Paul

TAQuickness
August 12th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Would be a handy feature, but I understand the priority list thing. At the risk of being boo'd off this thread, I've used excel so I could select only the values I wanted to carry over to the tune.

I'd be glad to help test it too!