PDA

View Full Version : Before AutoVE, what to do to get it drivable?

Kevin Doe
October 8th, 2007, 04:10 AM
Ok guys. I have been reading on the forums, and understand the AutoVE procedure, and the like. However, that procedure relies on the ability to drive the car. I cannot drive my car. The car will not take any throttle, it idles decent sometimes, and is extremely unresponsive to throttle inputs. If I tap the gas, it reves in a delayed maner. If I slowly depress the gas, such as 20% over 1 minute, it just wants to die.

What can I do to get the car drivable?

I have the tune setup for AutoVE right now, and have moved the max MAP expected values, since I was getting a P0106 code.

My mods are the following. MS4 cam (~240 duration @ 0.050, ~.650 lift), 1 7/8" long tube headers, 3" true dual exhaust through an x-pipe, dual 3.5" intake merged into a single 4" right at the TB, LS6 intake manifold, no MAF.

Also, should I tune idle before I do the AutoVE?

One more question. I read a lot about throttle cracker. Is the throttle cracker an actual piece of hardware or just a term? Because the 2004 GTO that my motor came from had a throttle accelerator motor, and I removed it, now my throttle cable goes straight to the pedal. There is a TPS sensor and IAC on the throttle body right now, adn that is all.

joecar
October 8th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Hi Kevin,

You need to borrow a tune from a car with similar mods...

Check the modified tunes in www.holdencrazy.com to see if there's a car with mod's like yours...

Or hopefully someone will see this thread and be willing to share...

TC is a "software mechanism".

:cheers:

Kevin Doe
October 8th, 2007, 06:22 AM
I looked on holdencrazy, and didn't really see anything that fit my fancy. Hopefulyl someone here has something I can use.

mr.prick
October 8th, 2007, 12:25 PM
are you running rich or lean?
you might be having the same problem i had when i first started.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4669