PDA

View Full Version : VE Multiplier vs. TPS vs. RPM table, with non-linear TPS...

SSbaby
June 21st, 2005, 01:03 PM
Here's an example of the advanced capabilities of the 1bar Speed Density Enhanced option in use on a large camshaft naturally aspirated stroker engine fitted with an 8 throttle body intake (courtesy Sam's Performance). This engine exhibits the classic symptom of a large duration (270+), sub 108 lobe center camshaft: low idle vacuum. It also shows erratic and fast moving MAP readings, where just 2-3% throttle application results in MAP heading over 80kPa even at substantial engine speeds. This results in similar zones of the VE table being hit under different driving conditions and also gives very little tuning freedom for fueling in the available MAP ranges. This is where the new VE Multiplier table plays an important role.
The new VE Multiplier table adds throttle position as a new dimension to tuning these engines. You can now adjust the VE table result at different TPS and RPM conditions and therefore eliminate troublesome fueling issues.

Does Flashscan incorporate a similar feature to the competitor's latest product?

Sorry guys... I'm away from my own PC atm but from memory, I don't think v7.2.2 has this feature. Apparently some of the HPT guys are raving about it and the performance enhancement it offers by way of just a flash of their new OS. :?:

I'm very curious and suspicious at the same time. :?

Cheers

GMPX
June 22nd, 2005, 02:59 PM
pm sent.

Black02SS
June 22nd, 2005, 04:08 PM
Can I get a PM as well on this? I am curious.

GMPX
June 22nd, 2005, 04:16 PM
I'll just say this, read into some recent posts and you will see the answers!!, OR, just wait about a week and you can download it.

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
June 22nd, 2005, 04:17 PM
;) Gotcha!

bink
June 30th, 2005, 03:51 PM
I'll just say this, read into some recent posts and you will see the answers!!, OR, just wait about a week and you can download it.

Cheers,
Ross

This sounds too good to be true....of course I know It Is true. Can't wait. :D

Cheers,
joel

GMPX
June 30th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Read the posts by 'Delco'
http://www.ls1-australia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=851

Cheers,
Ross

joecar
June 30th, 2005, 08:57 PM

Cheers,
Ross
Ross, it tells me the following when I try to go there...
"Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum."
Joe

GMPX
June 30th, 2005, 09:42 PM
O.K.
In all there is 7 new parameters and 5 new tables, all related to TPS, Boost and valet mode, plus some new PID's in the scantool to support them.
Initial release will support 01 & 02 O.S's, with 03 - 05 to follow. I need to perform some major surgery to the GM tables to fit the new stuff into the 03+, esp the 05 O.S's, but it can be done, I have pretty much done them..

Fingers crossed sometime next week 01-02 will be up for download.
That will also depend on the Tune and Scan updates which will be released at the same time (public or beta I am not sure).
Before then I also need to write a tutorial on how to use these new tables, they will change the way you traditionally tune the LS1!!.

Of course, these will all require the MAF be removed.

Hope that gives you all enough to look forward to.

I should also now thank Daniel aka 'Delco' at Chipmaster for he's input to all this, most if not all these changes came from he's suggestions and persistant phone calls :wink: and endless testing and tweaking.

Cheers,
Ross

bink
July 1st, 2005, 01:02 AM

Cheers,
Ross

He..he..he :lol: .................................................. ...............:mrgreen:

Cheers,
joel

APE346
July 13th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Hey guys how far are we now ?

Delco
July 13th, 2005, 11:37 PM

Still in testing , we found some factory calibration air intake drift when in open loop - it is mostly corrected by the fuel trims - that we are trying to tweek out.

All looks very promising in testing to date though :)

bink
July 26th, 2005, 04:31 AM

Still in testing , we found some factory calibration air intake drift when in open loop - it is mostly corrected by the fuel trims - that we are trying to tweek out.

All looks very promising in testing to date though :)
Any idea how soon this will be available??
Cheers,
joel

GMPX
July 26th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Hi Joel,

I am not 100% happy with the TPS mapping just yet, though another tester thinks it is working awesome. It might just be me :oops:
I did solve one annoying issue which was bugging me for a while.
We may release a 'tester' version if you guys really want it. It will be fully functional but not 100% certified.

In the meantime, the boosted guys will be very happy very soon.

Cheers,
Ross

bink
July 26th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Hi Joel,

I am not 100% happy with the TPS mapping just yet, though another tester thinks it is working awesome. It might just be me :oops:
I did solve one annoying issue which was bugging me for a while.
We may release a 'tester' version if you guys really want it. It will be fully functional but not 100% certified.

In the meantime, the boosted guys will be very happy very soon.

Cheers,
Ross
Ross- Thanks for the update. I'd really like to try it this weekend (Temps are dropping out of 95-99*F/37*C into the mid 80s*F/28*C). Can I be a tester?

Cheers,
joel

AGRO
July 31st, 2005, 11:38 PM

Cheers,
Ross

Well i really really really really really really really really, no really need it!
honestly :)

APE346
October 31st, 2005, 11:12 PM
Hows this all going ???

GMPX
November 7th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Slowly, well, it is done on some O.S's but in reality we have only had 10 or so people ask us about it since announced so it got pushed back for higher prioritys.
It will happen at some stage, depending on work load before the end of the year we can get all O.S's out with the TPS mapped VE.

Cheers,
Ross