PDA

View Full Version : 4l60e to TH400 car wont go above 2000rpm

minytrker
October 10th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I just swapped a camaro over from a 4l60e to a th400. The car was already running cos#5. I took and did a campare from a mn6 camaro with cos#5 that I tuned and copied both the trans segments. The car will now not go above 2,000 rpms. I can flash it back to the old tune cos#5 with the 4l60e and the car runs and drives fine just has a lot of faults. I have to have the car a mn6 to use the shift light function. Any ideas, Im lost.

ChipsByAl
October 10th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Did you try to flash the MM6 file as a whole and see if the rev limiter comes in? Maybe if necessary just change what is needed to test the old COS5 file. If it works, transfer the rest of the current file to this old file.

Was that other car a manual, if so there are some different wiring issues. Does it have the p/n switch wiring intact at c1-34, that may have an effect with the manual file. The manual file also sees a clutch switch on c1-32 that is normally grounded with the clutch pedal released, at the least I would disable code P0704.

minytrker
October 10th, 2007, 10:00 PM
I havent tried the whole mn6 file since the car has a big cam and everything. I am going to try today though. The other car was an auto and I converted it to a 6 speed, but it still has the auto harness in it.