PDA

View Full Version : Edit/Addition to AutoVE Tutorial

BlackGMC
October 13th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Since I am a rather new user to EFI Live I used the AutoVE Tutorial to start tunning. I ran into a couple problems using the tutorial. My truck is 04 GMC Sierra 4.8l auto, and I am the Stock OS, basically stock so I figured that tuning would be a breeze. Anyways I ran into some problems that I figured out with some searching.

I would like to add the following:
1. Disable B4206 - Use O2 With Open Loop Command Fuel Table, turns off STFT, without truning this parameter off my STFT were still active.
2. Disable B4108 -STFT idle trims, with this enabled my idle AFR was all over the place and the MAP regions when I was coasting at speed or coasting to a stop.
3. Filter out high IAT temps in the logging section.

If anyone sees some error with my logic or reasoning please post up...

Here are a couple of threads that discussed these issues.
http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=402821
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6404

5.7ute
October 14th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I would also like to see the B3647 map changed from 14.63 to 14.7 to prevent the problems people are having with semi open loop. There are quite a few on the forum lately.

Chevy366
October 16th, 2007, 05:31 AM
So what you guys are saying is the inclusion of these few additions would greatly enhance the Tutorial for the new at AutoVEing process person , and would greatly increase the chance of success at AutoVEing ?
Is TA_Quickness still around ?

BlackGMC
October 16th, 2007, 05:35 AM
I would like someone to comment on Disable B4108 -STFT idle trims

Chevy366
October 16th, 2007, 05:55 AM
As per Blacky , Disabling the Idle STFT {B4108} just means the PCM will use the non idle STFT tables, that is probably better since you might be commanding 14.63 in non idle places you just want uniform STFT correction accross the board.
STFT the way I understand it is they are used for the LTFT calculations and get reset every time you restart , LTFT are used to control fueling over long period of time and temp and altitude differences .

5.7ute
October 16th, 2007, 12:17 PM
So what you guys are saying is the inclusion of these few additions would greatly enhance the Tutorial for the new at AutoVEing process person , and would greatly increase the chance of success at AutoVEing ?
Is TA_Quickness still around ?
The error with the B3647 table will prevent any newcomer from successfully applying the AutoVE process.I dont see it as an enhancement but as a necessity.

2002_z28_six_speed
October 16th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Since I am a rather new user to EFI Live I used the AutoVE Tutorial to start tunning. I ran into a couple problems using the tutorial. My truck is 04 GMC Sierra 4.8l auto, and I am the Stock OS, basically stock so I figured that tuning would be a breeze. Anyways I ran into some problems that I figured out with some searching.

I would like to add the following:
1. Disable B4206 - Use O2 With Open Loop Command Fuel Table, turns off STFT, without truning this parameter off my STFT were still active.
2. Disable B4108 -STFT idle trims, with this enabled my idle AFR was all over the place and the MAP regions when I was coasting at speed or coasting to a stop.
3. Filter out high IAT temps in the logging section.

If anyone sees some error with my logic or reasoning please post up...

Here are a couple of threads that discussed these issues.
http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=402821
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6404

Actually, I wanted to say the same thing. Didn't want to offend anyone though.

The filters need to be stronger.

Ranges on IAT, ECT would be great.
Somone stated not to log any frames with KR. Can't remember name. Sorry. :-&
Voltage filter might be nice.
Possibly set up a commanded AFR filter. With a modified vehicle if it going into piston protection mode or some other problem it could help. Just an idea.

I think it needs to be stated that you should tune while moving down the road at a certain range of speed. This would mean more constant IATs and ECTs.

I don't think anything is wrong with AutoVE. Yet, it would be easy to forget something if you haven't done the process enough. I don't think new tuners are stupid but maybe stating what factors cause considerable error and which don't could save people many hours!

I realise I am not a tuning authority. Hope something helped, though.

BlackGMC
October 17th, 2007, 03:19 AM
My tune does not have B3647.... Is that only in Custom OSes?

I don't think new tuners are stupid
I will admit I was/am pretty stupid when I first started.....

Chevy366
October 17th, 2007, 03:32 AM
My tune does not have B3647.... Is that only in Custom OSes?

I will admit I was/am pretty stupid when I first started.....
Yes {B3647} is COS3-5 only , and if you set it to 1.00EQ like in the tutorial it will cause a Semi-Open Loop mode with which the O2s are active and will cause eschewed numbers .