PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Wide band, V2 Scanning SW, ....

ThunderV
October 13th, 2007, 07:42 AM
Hi, new to the forum and to tuning...:help2:

I currently own a 2007 CTS-V with the LS2 and I have already started the mod's. I was looking around for a good software package to start tuning the LS2 and the EFILive seems to be the best from what I have read so far.

--Sorry for the Noob questions--

1- Should I buy a wide band sensor?
2- If so then which would be the best for me?
3- Are the files for a E67 PCM available?
4- Anything else I should know before jumping in?
5- Is it possible to have 2 different tunes on a computer and switch?

I am having a lot of fun with this car and I am planning to mod the Pi$$ out of it. I'm hoping with the software I will be able to get the max performance from the engine and if done right it will still be driveable and reliable.

Bottom line is I know very little about tuning but I'm willing to learn and any advise would be greatly appreciated. :master:

BlackGMC
October 13th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Respones in Bold

Hi, new to the forum and to tuning...:help2:

I currently own a 2007 CTS-V with the LS2 and I have already started the mod's. I was looking around for a good software package to start tuning the LS2 and the EFILive seems to be the best from what I have read so far.

--Sorry for the Noob questions--

1- Should I buy a wide band sensor? With out a doubt!!!
2- If so then which would be the best for me? I use an AEM, cheapest I found... http://www.strippermotorsports.com/avm-30-4100.html
3- Are the files for a E67 PCM available?
4- Anything else I should know before jumping in?
5- Is it possible to have 2 different tunes on a computer and switch?

I am having a lot of fun with this car and I am planning to mod the Pi$$ out of it. I'm hoping with the software I will be able to get the max performance from the engine and if done right it will still be driveable and reliable.

Bottom line is I know very little about tuning but I'm willing to learn and any advise would be greatly appreciated. :master:

ThunderV
October 16th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Thank you for the reply, WBO2 it is!

Anyone have anything for 4- and 5-?

wait4me
October 16th, 2007, 11:54 AM
you can dump in a tune very quickly so dual tunes really arent needed for that e67.

E67 support is definatly out for your car. :)

wait4me
October 16th, 2007, 11:55 AM
As for 4. Just make sure you can enjoy all the hours of fun you will be having while you play. Also may cause girlfreind/wife feeling left out syndrome.

ThunderV
October 16th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I was hoping to be able to setup a switch so i could do it on the fly. LIke if I'm in town horsing around I could flick a switch for a performance oriented tune or if on the freeway with the Cruise on, a nice economy tune.

Is this just stupid?

ThunderV
October 16th, 2007, 11:57 AM
As for 4. Just make sure you can enjoy all the hours of fun you will be having while you play. Also may cause girlfreind/wife feeling left out syndrome.
Wife is already a little jealous of the car, may need to be careful with this one!