PDA

View Full Version : slipping auto

wallsjay
October 14th, 2007, 01:56 AM
hi guys very new to this i am just about to order a flash scan i have a slipping auto 4l60e 2nd only can i use it to increase the line preasure to stop the slipping as a temp fix?

cheers

joecar
October 14th, 2007, 07:29 AM
The tunetool allows you to increase the shift pressure... i.e. the line pressure during a shift, and not while in a particular gear;

so, sorry, the short answer is no.

Biggsy
October 14th, 2007, 10:52 AM
The tunetool allows you to increase the shift pressure... i.e. the line pressure during a shift, and not while in a particular gear;

so, sorry, the short answer is no.

I know its not the right way to do it, and probably shouldn't, BUT, couldn't you play with {D3801} Force Motor Current table to "trick" the PCM into higher apply pressures?

It will affect hold pressures in all gears plus you would have to adjust the shift pressures down to avoid harsh shifts.

This weekend, I was working on a car that had come from a transmission mechanic, he wanted me to increase hold pressures under acceleration. I couldn't do it because those tables are not available to us.

joecar
October 15th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Oh, yes, good thinking Dave :cheers:, could do that, didn't occur to me because I'm so used to not touching that table... :bash: :D

wallsjay
October 15th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the help guys

jfpilla
October 17th, 2007, 09:29 AM
"I know its not the right way to do it, and probably shouldn't, BUT, couldn't you play with {D3801} Force Motor Current table to "trick" the PCM into higher apply pressures?"

There was a lot of discussion about this in the past. The conclussions reached from pressure testing was that max line pressure could not be increased electronically, it only increased part throttle pressure and not WOT. I'd be interested to know if your changes help with the slipping problem.

Afterhours Performance
November 10th, 2007, 06:55 PM
So is there no way to adjust pressure @ wot?

jfpilla
November 11th, 2007, 05:24 AM
So is there no way to adjust pressure @ wot?

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114376

Try here.

Afterhours Performance
November 11th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Thank you that is a really great thread!!