PDA

View Full Version : Fixin to start DPF Delete

dustinparsons
October 15th, 2007, 08:06 AM
I am fixin to start a LMM DPF delet can you tell me which codes to start with and do I need to go ahead and change the exhaust or can I wait a few days

ElusiveR
November 8th, 2007, 08:36 AM
You do know why the DPF is there, right?

Ryan

Cougar281
November 8th, 2007, 08:40 AM
You do know why the DPF is there, right?

Ryan

To clog up, cause problems and burn extra fuel, costing more to run it and put more money in the oil companies pockets.....

I honestly can't see how burning more fuel and pumping more CO, CO2 and NOx into the air is better than letting what little soot these trucks actually make with stock tunes go to atmosphere...

ElusiveR
November 8th, 2007, 12:42 PM
To clog up, cause problems and burn extra fuel, costing more to run it and put more money in the oil companies pockets.....

I honestly can't see how burning more fuel and pumping more CO, CO2 and NOx into the air is better than letting what little soot these trucks actually make with stock tunes go to atmosphere...

:roll:

You think they let out more emissions? Please, tell me more....

dustinparsons
November 8th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Any way did the DPF delete and the thing runs like a striped ape and blows good smoke

Cougar281
November 9th, 2007, 03:06 AM
:roll:

You think they let out more emissions? Please, tell me more....

I honestly can't see how burning more fuel can possibly NOT put out more gasses...

And lets not forget the emissions produced by the refineries to make the extra fuel being burned.

ElusiveR
November 9th, 2007, 04:24 AM
Any way did the DPF delete and the thing runs like a striped ape and blows good smoke

Congrats on making the world a better place for future generations....

I honestly can't see how burning more fuel can possibly NOT put out more gasses...

I'm at work now, so I don't have much time, but I'll see what I can find for you. You're right that there is a higher volume of gas, but it's cleaner.

And lets not forget the emissions produced by the refineries to make the extra fuel being burned.

You're talking about 3-4% more fuel at the high end of additional consumption - well within refinery capacity that already exists. Besides, diesel takes less refining than gasoline, so if DPF's make diesels clean enough to make them a good idea for more people and also reduces oil consumption (from higher mileage), wouldn't it help to make a greater amount of diesel than gasoline?

Ryan

Cougar281
November 9th, 2007, 04:28 AM
You're talking about 3-4% more fuel at the high end of additional consumption - well within refinery capacity that already exists. Besides, diesel takes less refining than gasoline, so if DPF's make diesels clean enough to make them a good idea for more people and also reduces oil consumption (from higher mileage), wouldn't it help to make a greater amount of diesel than gasoline?

Ryan

3-4% on the high end? How about those who went from low to mid teens to high teens/low 20's by only removing the DPF? 4% is less than 1mpg. The High end is more like 25% or more. The only thing the DPF "cleans up" is soot. The cats on diesels don't work the same way they do on gassers. With a modified tune, yes, our diesels can pour out copious amounts of soot, but on stock tunes, they produce very little soot. I know with my truck, WOT from dead stop will put out no visible soot.

Bottom line, you believe what you believe, I believe what I believe. We'll do what we want with our trucks and agree to disagree. Sound fair?

clickjocky
November 10th, 2007, 08:05 AM
I'll chime in, so I can run something greater than B5. I'm not an expert but from what I read I am assuming that the DPF limits the percentage of Biodiesel you can run due to filter clogging. I would live for someone who knows more about it to elaborate. I figure using biodiesel will counteract the emissions output from removing the filter.

dustinparsons
November 10th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Have you ran any bio through your LMM, I have'nt tried to run any through mine since the DPF delete but have no problems at all since I turned the regen feature off for the DPF. For anybody going to tune a LMM there are some CAL files that you need to see the DPF section of the LMM engine operations if you need these email me and I will gladly send them to you. I would put them on here but don't know how and my web page is lacking.

dusty@dustysdieselstuff.com

clickjocky
November 10th, 2007, 04:21 PM
No, I was waiting for the DPF delete before attempting it.

dustinparsons
November 10th, 2007, 05:11 PM
How far out are you on doing the delete

clickjocky
November 11th, 2007, 10:28 AM
As soon as I decide on a tuner.

dustinparsons
November 11th, 2007, 02:33 PM
V2 Flashscan the only way to go