PDA

View Full Version : Knock table only produces all 0s all the time

louis
October 16th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Hello.

Does anyone know why I am getting 0s only in my knock table? There is no way I am in 0s when I see some of the main ve wanting 25% more or less fuel in areas. I have increased the spark table beyond what I feel is acceptable and I even go the other way with the spark table and still 0s.

I do not hear any knock under all these circumstances also. Am I suppose to be adjusting the sensitivity of the knock sensors or something to make this work?

Thanks Louis

joecar
October 16th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Could be your knock sensors may be not working.

Usual test for this is to tap a suitably large wrench/spanner on the head/block while engine is running and see if KR is observed (keep your body/tools out of moving parts); this test may or may not be conclusive.

driver456
October 16th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Mine was doing the same thing,All zero's with a few .7,.8,.2 knock retard showing,But it didn't jive with my logging,So I just highlighted in the log only the KR and then I went back to my map and only what I highlighted showed up and it matched the KR I highlighted.So I copied and then paste and subtract in my timing table and it worked perfect.Hope that that helps anybody with KR:D I don't know if anybody did it that way before,But it worked for me.I just went back and looked at my KR and I highlighted alittle before and alittle after the highest part of the spike,That seemed to work out better.Some of it is ramping out I guess.................Paul

louis
October 18th, 2007, 01:41 AM
Hello.

On the ls1 we have 2 knock sensors. It seems odd to me both would not work at the same time.

I will try to tap on the intake and see if I can record any knock.

Will keep you up to date.

Thanks

Louis

joecar
October 18th, 2007, 03:10 AM
Tap directly on head or block.