PDA

View Full Version : WTB: New to tuning and don't know were to start

ThunderV
October 16th, 2007, 11:38 AM
I have a CTS-V with the LS2 (Gen 4) and I was hoping to tune it.

I am installing a new computer that will have a StealthV Tune on it and I am going to buy the software to do some subtle tweaks to it but before I do I want to know more and make sure I buy the right thing.

StealthV has pointed me toward a nice WBO2 sensor which I believe will be the one I will buy but I was wondering about the software. Do i just need to buy the V2 and that's it or is there anything else?

If I go to the web site and read all of the instructions will I be good to go or area there other resorces on-line that I should go to first?

Also, are there any books that I should read before I get started?

I am OK with computers (program PLC's, VB, Worked with some object oriented programs....) so I think I should be able to handle this if I start out right. Now with that said I know I am a Newbie to this and I am going to take it slow so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

For example, I would like to play with a tune for fuel economy and one for all out s&^t and git. Also, when I upgrade to a new super charger and heads I would like to be able to make some subtle tweaks to get the most from the motor.

Thank you,
Rob

SinisterSS
October 16th, 2007, 04:16 PM
You are doomed. Welcome to mod/time hell.

The first place to start >>> Click on the main EFILive logo in the upper left corner. Download and install the software. Read all the PDF files.

ThunderV
October 16th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Looking forward to all of the pain and misery!

Love this car/Motor and I am looking forward to getting knee deep into it.

Thank you for the info.