PDA

View Full Version : Can You Guys shed some light on this for me...............

FreddyG
October 17th, 2007, 02:07 PM
I got my 2 bar MAP sensor and installed it, but when it's installed, does it wiggle around a bit? I know that it's secured under the clip, but it still moves around.

I loaded the COS3 and then accidentally hit the key because I thought that the .tun was already in there (I know, I'm an idiot). I then realized that I screwed up and reloaded the COS into the PCM, and then loaded up the .tun that you made me. Now, my dilemma is that the car won't start. It fires once for a second and then nothing else.

Can I load the OEM OS back in there and start over? At least the car will run then. I also get an oil needs to be changed now message, traction control needs servicing, and of course a MAF code (because I was doing AutoVE before screwing it up).

This was just the reason that I wanted to stay with my old OS.......................because like I said, I'm an IDIOT!

Thanks!

mr.prick
October 17th, 2007, 02:15 PM
down load the tune back to your laptop and see if there
is something that is amiss.
i once up loaded a tune that for some freak reason had the
IFR table zeroed out and the car would not start. LOL
i have no idea why it happened it just did.
if the COS has no tables filled i doubt it would start.

FreddyG
October 17th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the reply Mr.Prick!

I did that and the tune looks fine. 5.7 Ute told me to check the MAP sensor to see if it's seated and to check the gasket, which I'll do tomorrow. I'll probably order a couple new gaskets anyway.

Thanks again! :cheers:

hquick
October 18th, 2007, 12:17 AM
With the marine manifold on the suburban, I had to install 3 'O'-rings around the base of the 2bar map sensor to get a good fit. Seems the hole in the marine manifold upper is larger than the usual.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v35/hquick/Mercruiser%20Marine%20Manifold/P9080022.jpg

FreddyG
October 19th, 2007, 04:59 AM
Thanks Howard!:cheers:

I've decided to go the pull the manifold off of the car route and make sure that the MAP sensor is seated properly. It's bit (actually Alot) more work, but it's the right way to do it.

Thanks Guys for the help! :cheers: I Pray that it's what's wrong!

5.7ute
October 19th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I wouldnt be doing all that work unless I knew there was a problem.
Have you tried flashing in your old tune & OS? Did you verify the Map sensor reading with key on engine off?

FreddyG
October 19th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I wouldnt be doing all that work unless I knew there was a problem.
Have you tried flashing in your old tune & OS? Did you verify the Map sensor reading with key on engine off?

Hi Mick! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-030.gif

I wasn't really sure of the fitment of the new MAP sensor, so I decided to pull the intake off and see how it looks without have to contort my arm under the cowl. I've got it almost off, but have to search to find out how to get the injector clips off. I left the fuel rail on and all of the wiring, but need to get the injector clips off. Then I'll put it back on and try it. If that doesn't work, then I'll reload the COS/Tune and say a bunch of Prayers, then give it a try.

Thanks Again for all of your help! I Appreciate it! :cheers:

FreddyG
October 21st, 2007, 12:57 PM
I put my intake back on today after putting a new seal on the MAP sensor (along with three o-rings like HQuick did.........Thank You!) and I reloaded the OS and the tune (I went to the tutorial in the manual and followed it to a tee) and fired her right up. I almost kissed my car, that's how Happy that I was! :D

The one thing that I can't figure out is why does it take 4 hours to take an intake off and 1 hour to put it back on? :nixweiss:

The only problem that I get now is that the A0001 scaler is setting an out of range message. In the tute it said to disable it, so I did, and set it to 100%, which is what they said to set it at, and I still get that. Do you have any suggestions that might help me to get it back in line?

Thanks Guys!

hquick
October 21st, 2007, 01:01 PM
I was getting the same.
Mick set mine to Disabled (A0000) and 50 (A0001) and 50 (A0002)
EDIT: Mick...not 5.7Ute Mick. Lol!
Too many Mick's....

5.7ute
October 21st, 2007, 01:40 PM
I was getting the same.
Mick set mine to Disabled (A0000) and 50 (A0001) and 50 (A0002)
EDIT: Mick...not 5.7Ute Mick. Lol!
Too many Mick's....
LOL there is more Micks than a St Patricks day parade.

hquick
October 21st, 2007, 01:53 PM
Lol! Yeah...when I typed that I started to think..gee I hope none of our Irish friends get offended!

MICK
October 21st, 2007, 02:02 PM
There can only be one Mick......LOL

No offense Mick's...>

FreddyG
October 21st, 2007, 05:31 PM
LOL there is more Micks than a St Patricks day parade.

That's a Good one! :lol:

It's suppose to rain tomorrow, but if it dries up Tuesday, I'll be doing some logging! I do have one more question though: I know that I use the SAE.MAP pid to log boost, but how do I set up a boost map? Would I use RPM on the one axis and KPa on the other, with the SAE.MAP as the parameter? I've just used the basic maps, and haven't set one up yet, that's why I ask.

Thanks for the help Guys......and the pm Mick! :cheers: